panama questions

Old May 15th, 2001, 11:22 AM
fox

panama questions

planning to go to contadora island beach resort & royal decameron costa blanca in the bay of panama, in the month of jan 2002 for two weeks. anybody thats been there would please email me. are they a good place stay? is the area nice. been to san andres island and mexico, margarita island , grenada etc,. thanks . harry

Old May 17th, 2001, 10:44 AM
JW

Have not been to the resort you mentioned. Did however, just return from Panama City. Found it lovely, safe and inexpensive. Go! You can't not like it!

Old Aug 2nd, 2001, 12:17 PM
MLS

My mother is Panamanian, I have been there twice, both times I went to Contadora Island, it is absolutely beautiful! I even met the president when I was on that island, in fact back in the late 70's or 1980 the Shaw of Iran had a house on Contadora which is one of the places he was hiding. Pretty interesting.

Old Aug 8th, 2001, 05:33 PM
GABBS

Contadora Island is beautiful; another interesting fact: it have the only officlal nudist beach on Panama! Beaches are white sands, and the island is not too crowded. <BR>Royal Decameron is an all-inclusive Resortvery popular here in Panama, with great beaches, and a great deal considering the relative low price. <BR>If you have the time, I would recommend also a visit to Bocas del Toro, on the Caribbean side. For some useful information about Bocas and other places in Panama I would recommend panamareservation.com, the local directory of hotels. Good luck!

Old Aug 20th, 2001, 05:19 PM
George

<BR> I was in Panama last month. I spent one day at decameron. It is a very nice all inclusive resort. A week there may be too long. Isla Contradora is very nice and relaxing. If you get a chance the Atlantic side of Panama is also beautiful. It's a great place to explore. A couple of resorts on the Atlantic side are: Banana's, Melia, and in Panama city is a nice eco- tourism hotel. I can't think of the name right now. I travel there frequently. Panama is a wonderful place.