Search

Panama for Honeymoon

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6th, 2001, 06:48 PM
andrew

Panama for Honeymoon

Hi <BR>My fiancee and I are thinking about heading down to Panama for our Honeymoon. We don't no much about it. Is it very expensive, where should we stay and go. We are not looking at spending a fortune.Any help is great. Thanks Andrew/Natashya

Old Mar 10th, 2001, 09:59 PM
Hernán

Last February my wife and I went to Bananas Village Resort, an hotel in Isla Grande near Portobelo, on Panama Caribbean coast. It´s a nice, secluded resort with scuba-diving facilities, not very big. 3 nights half board including transfer in/out from Panama City costed us $ 420. In Panama City we stayed at the Marriott, good but not very romantic. Indeed, Panama City itsn´t a city for honeymooners (in my opinion), the old city is a dangerous and poor place and the new city, the banking zone, is crowded with banks, department stores and business oriented hotels.

Old Mar 26th, 2001, 08:02 AM
ivan

I can make arrengements and discounts for you on every single hotel you want to stay in Panama. <BR>I´m sorry the sr. that do not enjoy but we have so much to offer that the information don´t fix in my web page area... <BR> <BR>see my page and remember the dicounts... <BR> <BR>www.panamatraveladviser.com <BR> <BR>Regards from Panama...

Old Apr 19th, 2001, 10:25 AM
Gabbs

I agree: Panama City is not for honeymooners, but many islands and towns ARE! <BR>You can check out info about Bocas del Toro, it's totally different than Panama City, more like a Caribbean place. They have a page in www.panamareservation.com, plus many lodging options. Also recommended is a trip around the Chiriqui highlands: Boquete, Cerro Punta, Bambito, etc.

Old May 4th, 2001, 03:36 PM
Joan Olawski-Stiener

Hi, I think Panama would be a lovely place for a honeymoon. If you are not looking to spend a lot of money, there are many city hotels to stay in. We stayed in one called Hotel Roma, for us it was $40 per nite. It is in town, near the waterfront and modern city, has a restaurant with good food and inexpensive prices, private baths, TV, bar in room and in walking distance of a lot of interesting sites. We were in Panama 4 evenings, actually three weeks ago, mid-April. We spent two evenings at the Hotel ROma where everyone was very nice. We took a day cruise on the Panama Canal - not on a ship, but a small motor boat through some of the islands and saw wonderful sights - it was through one of Panama's best tour companies which on top of it all, is very concerned about preserving the environment and rainforest that exists there. We took their "jungle cruise" which was most of the day and visited many islands in the Canal. It was fascinating - seeing unusual birds, lots of different types of monkeys - some actually came onto the boat! It was a wonderful day and we have wonderful pictures. When we go back to Panama, which we do intend to do in the next two years, we intend to book a tour with Ancon, which is very good. We then stayed two nights at a lodge called the Canopy Tower. It is only about one half hour from the main city, but it is in the rainforest, which surrounds the Panama Canal (the rainforest provides water for the canal and borders it). The Canopy at first seems a little pricey, but it includes a wonderful romantic room - with no air conditioning - but a good ceiling fan and screened windows though which one can hear the night sounds ... crickets, owls, howler monkeys - it was wonderful, I wish I was back there. I think of the Canopy often. The food was very good and certain drinks were included in our price. I believe that you can book a package, an evening or a day tour. Then in the morning, we took hikes on the property which is in real rain forest. We saw toucans (Fruit Loop birds) and other colorful birds in their natural environent. It is worth a visit and will be a wonderful memory on your honeymoon and quite exotic. I hope you have a wonderful honey moon! Please email me if you have any questions.