Osa Penninsula Costa Rica?

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 10:02 AM
Caroline

Osa Penninsula Costa Rica?

I'm planning a 2nd honeymoon with my hubby and am overwhelmed by the many areas of Costa Rica to visit. My sister-in-law went to the Osa Penninsula, Drake Bay area (Aquila de Osa Inn to be exact)and loved it! Can anyone else offer advise. The key ingredients should include: beach, wildlife/rainforest, & fishing!
Gracias!
Caroline

Old Jun 5th, 2002, 10:14 AM
G. Podell

Lapa Rios in the Osa Peninsula is unbelievable. They have everything you're looking for and more. They have a website. It was one of my more memorable vacations. My husband is in the travel business and we travel extensively. Lapa Rios was unique but It is expensive.

Old Jun 5th, 2002, 11:40 AM
ALF

Sounds like Bahia Drake would be a great place for you. There are a large number of lodges spaced along the bay, ranging from mid-range to very expensive, depending on what you are looking for and can afford. All lodges can book deep-sea fishing trips, snorkeling/SCUBA trips, and guided wildlife/rainforest hikes into Corcovado. We stayed at a tiny remote place called Cabinas Las Caletas, which was just our style, but we don't go in much for 'amenities'.

Old Jun 5th, 2002, 11:41 AM
Iza

We liked Lapa Rios as well, but if you are looking for a beach place it may not be the best hotel for you. The beach is beautiful but it is quite a hike from the hotel to get there. Also it is not a lounging type of beach, more of a wild remote Pacific beach, with no chairs, umbrellas etc. Wildlife and rainforest viewing and food are outstanding at Lapa Rios.

Old Jun 7th, 2002, 06:05 AM
Robbie

if you are looking for beach, rainforest and fishing you might consider Manuel Antonio as well. In particular if you want to have a variety of restaurants , activities, etc , we may have more options. It is not the pure jungle, we have , for example, nightlife, canopy tours, beautiful beaches, more shopping, more actvities. It just sn't the opure nature that the Osa is. Although a good opton might be to go to the Osa and come here on the way home.
Just a thought.
Best wishes!
Robbie
[email protected]