Osa Help Please

Apr 2nd, 2005, 06:37 AM
Original Poster

Osa Help Please

I have read so many wonderful posts so it is so hard to decide We have only 7 days for a family of 4 would you stay at Bosque for 3 nights Look out 2 nights Iguana 2 nights or stay in Bosque for 4 nights and at one of the lodges in Drakes Bay Is Punta Marenco or Delphin Amor a nice place to stay Which side of the penninsula is better We are also going to arenal and Manuel Antonio would you go there 1st or last. Any advice will be much appreciated thanks
Apr 2nd, 2005, 08:01 AM

personally- save the Osa for last, unless you like eating your desert first.

PJ side has more options for just about everything
Apr 2nd, 2005, 08:20 AM

Manuel Antonio is very nice, but once you've been to the Osa, it won't hold that much appeal. Don't know that I'd do both of them in one vacation. How many days do you have all together in Costa Rica? 7? We were at BDC for 3 nights and had a lovely time. We had 3 full 24 hour days there--thought it wouldn't be enough, but turns out it was not too short at all. Sure, we could've stayed another day (7 would have been too many for us), but we thoroughly enjoyed our 3 days.
Apr 2nd, 2005, 09:11 AM

If you spent 3 full days at BDC, what would you do for the next 3 days before you left for home. Alsao I haven't read much abut BDC. Cold someone give me more info. Only know about La Paloma and Lapa Rios,

Thanks
Apr 2nd, 2005, 09:30 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the help. The day after we arrive our plan is to fly to Drakes Bay for 3 days take a taxi to Bosque del Cabo for 4 nights. Fly back to San jose rent a car and drive to Arenal for 2 nights and drive to Manuel Antonio for three nights On our last day drive back to San Jose and hopefully make our 2pm flight home any other ideas welcome thanks Amee
Apr 2nd, 2005, 12:15 PM

Amlay, I see. . .you have lots of time! I think you have a fabulous itinerary! Need someone to carry your bags?!

Coopie, Bosque del Cabo is nothing short of heaven on earth. It is one of several very special hotels in Costa Rica. Just trust! You will come away raving! It sits high up on a bluff with cabinas lined up all along the bluff, their front verandahs facing that fabulous view. There are numerous hiking trails to take you down to a couple of beaches, both Golfo side and Pacific side. The food is delicious--they'll even pack you a lunch for hiking. You will see and learn about tons of wildlife. Just go!