Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

One GOOD thing and one BAD thing about PUERTO VALLARTA

Old Jun 13th, 2001, 05:57 PM
Ruth

Hola! I'd love to know from people that have visited PV one time, or a million times, or if you lived there before, what is one good thing about PV, and a bad thing? You can put as many thoughts as you would like!

Old Jun 14th, 2001, 11:43 AM
joe

pv
The beautiful green mountains,great.
The diving and snorkeling, not so great.

Old Jun 14th, 2001, 04:01 PM
Mary

The great restaurants, particularly El Bistro Jazz Cafe.
The worst, more and more agressive time-share sellers!

Old Jun 19th, 2001, 11:41 AM
Lori

The GOOD thing about PV is everything, even the time-share sellers. I find that if you take the time to stop and talk to them and joke with them they are less likely to try and pressure you into anything.
The BAD thing is nothing. There is absolutely nothing I can think of that is bad. I have been going down there every year for the past 6 years.

Old Jun 25th, 2001, 08:34 AM
"Vallarta Vicki" Skinner

Bad things - easy - time-share people & going between Memorial Day & 4th of July when the "gremlins" are there (high school & college kids on their grad vacations - ala, spring break!! BEYOND wild!!). I'm not a fan of mainstream touristy resorts as they're WAYYYY tooooo "americana" (but that's just me!!). No real scuba diving (though there are a couple spots that are ok).

Good thing(S)!!! WAYYYY tooooo much to limit it!! WONDERFUL locals, safe, lush tropical jungles, worldclass restaurants that rival San Francisco & NY yet at a fraction of the cost (my restaurant guide is 30 pages long!! I lived in SF for 17 years & am a big gal - I KNOW good food!!), a good balance of locals & tourists (IF you're staying/hanging South of the Rio Cuale in Old Town/SouthSide or further south), just about EVERYTHING thing you could want to do that you can find at any other tropical resort (except for ruins), or do NOTHING!! A good balance of a REAL Mexico village & tourist destination. NO car needed in Old Town/SouthSide (this area is mainly privately owned beachfront condos - only a VERY few timeshare people in this area!!) as the whole area from one end to the next is only a 10-15 minute walk!!

Whether you're straight, gay, old, young, families, single, corporate - whatever - there's something for EVERYONE in Vallarta!!!

(I've been to Vallarta over a doszen times in the past 5 years & have been/slept around [in various properties!!!] yet I live in the States [San Diego] hence I tend to have a good
grip on what most people from the U.S. are looking for/their standards. I'm an internationally published travel writer that also gives seminars around the U.S. about Vallarta).
"Vallarta Vicki" Skinner [email protected]

Old Jul 19th, 2001, 10:51 PM
Topper

Topper