Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

Need Info. on Melia Cabo Real Resort!!!!!!!!!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2nd, 1998, 12:00 PM
Eric

Would like any info and opinions of Melica Cabo Real Resort. Is the beach good for swimming and <BR>snorkaling. Does hotel have alot of fun activities? <BR>We are traveling with group of friends and would like classy hotel that is alot of fun. <BR>

Old Aug 2nd, 1998, 04:12 PM
JoAnn

Since we will be going there next year in the timeshare section I read the review and one person said it is safe to swim at the Melia Beach. Other beaches might not be so safe due to the strong rip tides. We were there in May at the Finnesterra and could not swim along their beach. Check with the hotel when you get there. There were quite a few activities mentioned, and there are things to do in Cabo. check out www.solmelia.com (I think that is the site) They have all the Melia hotels listed and may have more information. The Melia is very highly rated in any Cabo sites I look into. Also try www.allaboutcabo.com Have fun.

Old Aug 3rd, 1998, 06:38 AM
AJ

The Melia Cabo Real has built a jetti that has created an area that is safe for swimming. There is plenty of information on the web about Cabo. Try www.loscaboguide.com and www.baja.com. <BR>Melia Cabo Real is on the corridor between Cabo San Lucas and San Jose Del Cabo. Next week I am staying at the sister resort, the Melia San Lucas which is in Cabo San Lucas. Have fun... <BR> AJ

Old Aug 4th, 1998, 10:09 AM
Nicole Chisholm

We stayed at Melia this past April. I think the property was nicer than the sister property in town. The gardens surrounding the hotel are very nice. The rooms were good size and the view of the ocean was great. The only down side to the room was the bathtub. It was very very narrow. The beach is safe for swimming and snorkling. The only down side was there people trying to sells goods on the beach. (A polite No thank you works fine). <BR>The hotel offers a shuttle service into town. This was great considering the ride takes about 15 minutes. The nightlife is definately in town and starts about 10:00 pm. On the weekends the hotel bar did get very lively with music and dancing. If you need more info, feel free to e-mail me.

Old Aug 12th, 1998, 02:28 PM
Maria

We just returned from Cabo and drove by the Melia Cabo Real and it looked beautiful. The only downside is that it's far from town (20 minutes driving) and this can get expensive if you take a taxi (the shuttles usually stop at 6pm). Since you're in the corridor, be sure to check out Santa Maria Bay and Chileno Bay for snorkeling (near the Twin Dolphin Hotel). We found it was best to rent a car and come and go on our own schedule instead of relying on taxis and shuttles. Have fun! Also don't miss Mi Casa restaurant - the best Mexican food and a great atmosphere.