Reload this Page >

Need info about Puerto Vallarta ?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17th, 2000, 08:07 AM
mary

Hi, are you looking for inside information about Puerto Vallarta? I have lived here for about 5 years now, and will be happy to help you out ! Just send me an e-mail or post a message.

Old Jul 20th, 2000, 09:47 PM
Harold

Have you any information about Villa del Palmar Beach Resort and Spa?

Old Jul 21st, 2000, 05:48 AM
amy

Villa del Palmar is in the hotel zone, right on the ocean and a short bus or cab ride to town. They have a couple pools and restaurants and the rooms all have kitchens and balconies. I'm returning there on Sunday (haven't been for five years) and I am very excited--we always have a wonderful time at the resort. If you have any specific questions feel free to e-mail me dirrectly but keep in mind I'll be lazing by the ocean for a week after Saturday......

Old Jul 21st, 2000, 06:15 AM
mary

Almost everyone who stays at this hotel, likes it very much. The only complaint I do hear about the hotel a lot is about the time share - sales people, aparently they are very agressive and they do everything to get you to their time share sales presentations. But I guess that you can avoid them if you want to. The facilities are actually quite nice, and the location is good as well. Just watch out for those sales people and don't attend the presentations, don't accept any invitations for free breakfasts, discounted tours, car rental etc, because these are all ideas to get you to the presentations !

Old Jul 22nd, 2000, 07:01 AM
Julie Crista

Hi Mary, Thanks for all your great advice. Could you recommend us the very best restaurant for our anniversary dinner ?

Old Jul 22nd, 2000, 08:24 AM
mary

I can recommend you Café des Artistes, which was acknowledged as one of the 80 best restaurants of the world by the nestlé guide, really beautiful, elegant, romantic and very good food. If you come outside rainy season,do ask for a table in the garden, top-romantic!

Old Jul 24th, 2000, 06:45 AM
Julie Crista

Thanks, Mary !

Old Jul 30th, 2000, 12:46 PM
Claudia

Hi Mary. We are planning to the PV area in Sept. We wnated to stay at the 4 Seasons Punta Mita but they were fully booked. I am trying to contact the Tamarindo to find out about availability, but have gotten no response to emails and faxes. Their website gives only a Singapore telephone number(home office there). Could you give me a local telephone number for them? Thanks.

Old Jul 31st, 2000, 10:34 AM
amy

Julie, just returned from Villa del Palmar and had a great trip. Wonderful, clean resort with a great staff. I wasn't bothered by the timeshare people at all. However, the beach side had lots of vendors trying to sell their goods. My largest complaint was that we all got sick (not from the hotel but a little restaurant) which made me loose my appetite for a good part of the week. Overall I had a great time, I'm sure I'll be back!

Old Jul 31st, 2000, 02:24 PM
mary

Hi Claudia, Yes of course, the number for the Tamarindo is 01 335 150 34. <BR>Let me know if you have any other questions. Warm regards, Mary

Old Aug 1st, 2000, 07:04 PM
mary

By the way, the Tamarindo is just beautiful, as is the Four Seasons of course. Have you tried the Four Seasons for another date ? I am sure they are not fully booked during the entire month of September.

Old Aug 21st, 2000, 10:25 AM
Barb

I just returned from PV and had a fantastic time!! I must concur with Mary's account of the time share people. They were really pushy and underhanded at times. Just trying to get info about tours etc was grueling and nearly impossible to get a straight answer. I finally gave up on the hotel "information" desk and started calling places directly. I know some people went away with a less than perfect vacation because of them. I predict this will cause P.R. problems for PV if its not toned down a little. Still we had a great time. Just not enough time to see it all!!

Old Aug 22nd, 2000, 07:08 AM
dan

Try go2vallarta.com or puerto-vallarta.com or vallartatoday.com. I'm at www.choice1.com/villamontana.htm south of PV. <BR> <BR>adios!