Need a good tour company

Old May 5th, 2008, 02:29 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need a good tour company

Hello-

A friend and I want to go to either to Central or South America this July. Since we are planning this very late, we thought we'd look into going with a tour group. Any recommendations? Abercrombie and Backroads are above our budget, but don't want bare-bones. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jen
Old May 5th, 2008, 03:09 PM

Hi Jenski-
Any particular reason you want to go through a tour company? Thought about planning it yourself? How long do you have to travel?

Old May 5th, 2008, 04:04 PM

Did you have an idea about where you might want to go? I think that you would have time to plan it yourself but if you want a tour I have heard some good things about Caravan tours although I have never been on one of Caravans trips.
Old May 5th, 2008, 04:33 PM

I think the best is to buy your on return ticket, maybe with the return from another place.

Then you hire the services of a local agency (there are plenty along the road) in each place you visit.

I am in Cusco for quite a long time and I can help you here. For Lake Titicaca I can recommend you Allways Travel, very professional and responsible tourism.

You have to know that Tour Operators mainly contract local agency for their tours and earn their money on the addition of all local services they hire for what they put in their brochure. Going directly to local agencies will cut your budget a 25% and let you choose better what you want to do.

If you want some help you can write me : [email protected]

Cheers

Tucko
Old May 5th, 2008, 08:36 PM

Try Latin Destinations. They will customize a tour for two people. We used them to tour Chiapas last year. Excellent guides, great accomodations, well planned.