Reload this Page >

Moon Palace Resort / Cancun area

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10th, 1999, 11:36 AM
Terry

My husband and are planning a trip in mid April and are considereing the Moon Palace Resort just south of the Cancun Airport. We went to Sandals St. Lucia last year and loved it. We would appreciate any advice or comments! <BR>

Old Feb 19th, 1999, 05:55 PM
Jill

Terry, I drove by the Moon Palace resor t on my way from Playa del Carmen to Cancun. It is fairly isolated and at least a 15-20 minute drive to Cancun's hotel zone. If you were hoping to hang around Cancun, it may not be the most ideal of locations. If you're just looking for some R&R it may be the place for you.

Old Feb 26th, 1999, 08:18 AM
steve

Terry: <BR>I will be staying at the Moon Palace Resort in a couple of weeks. I'll fill you in on the details when I return.

Old Mar 13th, 1999, 06:17 AM
Jeannie

TERRY: My husband and I stayed at the Moon Palace August, 1998 and loved it!!!!! The food is great, the resort is beautiful, the staff fantastic and a pool like you wouldn't believe. All rooms overlook the ocean and have double jacuzzis. If you're staying for 7 nights, you should receive two free tours. They're great for breaking up the day of lazing aroung the pool. Be forewarned: they do allow topless sunbathing at this resort and many take advantage of this. We were a little surprised when we wandered upon this at our first visit to the pool. Especially with kids running around. We kind of had an impression it was more family oriented. The only disappontment we had was the beach. It's full of seaweed and muck. They dredge the shore daily but it's still not feasible to play in the ocean. We're going back in August, 1999 and have been assured by Palace Resorts (owners of all of the "Palaces") that they now have a shuttle which carries all guests to a secluded private beach area where you can sun and fun. They say it's a short trip away. Hope you have as much fun as we did.

Old Mar 15th, 1999, 08:48 AM
Terry

Thanks for the info, the resort sounds great and exactly what we are looking for except for the water/beach conditions. Does any one know if this is always a problem or just sometimes? We have already booked our trip for 5 days in mid April and were planning on going snorkeling. Is there good snorkeling at one of the other Palace resorts? Are there any good snorkeling day trips we should look into other than the Isla Mujeres - Aqua II trip the hotel offers? <BR>Terry

Old Mar 27th, 1999, 09:01 AM
Karen

You might want to try a side trip to Cozumel for snorkeling.