Search

Montevideo

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22nd, 1997, 02:55 AM
JC

Montevideo

Someone once told me they thought Montevideo,Uruguay was the most beautiful place they'd ever seen. I can't find much on it. Anyone been there?

Old Sep 22nd, 1997, 08:13 PM
Ronald

Someone must be playing a joke on you. It is small and somewhat boring and dilapidated. Punta del Este is more agreeable. Do some research in the guidebooks.

Old Sep 27th, 1997, 05:16 PM
juan de san blas

We plan to go to Montevideo in April 98. The big market place is the place to visit for superb restaurants. Many things to look for. Visit/write the Uruquay tourist bureau for many places to visit.
Remember, it is just across the river from Buenas Aires! Good Luck.

Old Sep 27th, 1997, 05:16 PM
juan de san blas

We plan to go to Montevideo in April 98. The big market place is the place to visit for superb restaurants. Many things to look for. Visit/write the Uruquay tourist bureau for many places to visit.
Remember, it is just across the river from Buenas Aires! Good Luck.

Old Oct 6th, 1999, 10:16 AM
Javier Galvan

JC, <BR>While Montevideo is the capital city, a more pleasent visit is to the colonial town of Colonia. It is just across the river from Buenos Aires. It is an historical, clean, and pleasent city by the river bank where you see a lot of people driving antique cars (1930-1950s). It is also less expensive than both Montevideo and Punto del Este. It is a little east of Montevideo, and it is definetly worth a visit.

Old Jan 8th, 2000, 07:36 PM
Pablo

HEY AUTHOR RONALD WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM I WAS BORN IN MONTEVIDEO AND I PERSONALLY AND GUIDE BOOKS THINK IT IS ONE OF THE NICEST CAPITAL CITIES IN LATIN AMERICA.IT IS ALSO THE LEADING IMPORTER FOR THE MERCO SUR.IT HAS THE DEAPEST NATURAL SEA PORT IN THE WORLD AND IT IS FULL OF BEACHES RESTAURANTS AND NICE PLACES TO GO TO OK. so jc aurthor dont belive the other author ok