Search

Monteverde lodging - help!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22nd, 2005, 08:05 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Monteverde lodging - help!

I am very confused about where to stay in Monteverde in June 2005. I would love a rustic ambience with quiet and privacy and don't need to be near town. Also, we will have a car. Please advise!

Choices are as follows:
(1) Monteverde Lodge
(2) Fonda Vela
(3) Hotel Belmar
(4) Claro de Luna
(5) El Establo

Thank you!
Old Mar 22nd, 2005, 08:22 AM

Don't know if this will help you but we just got back from 2 weeks in CR. Stayed for three nights at Trapp Family Lodge in Monteverde and liked it very much. We stayed in the main house, it had the feel of an old hotel, large rooms, quiet, everything made of wood. Tip: the vegetarian restaurant in town is very good
Old Mar 22nd, 2005, 11:52 AM

Since you specifically said that you are looking for "a rustic ambience with quiet and privacy," I recommend El Sapo Dorado. Monteverde Lodge and Fonda Vela were actually our first choices, but they were both booked, so we ended up at El Sapo Dorado. I think El Sapo Dorado is far more rustic, and likely far quieter than the other two; we thought it was a bit basic for the pricetag, but it certainly was private, clean, and relaxing.

Good luck!
Old Mar 22nd, 2005, 03:19 PM
MNP

We stayed at Hotel Belmar and LOVED IT! Very quiet, very rustic, and very friendly. The rooms were beautiful for a wonderful price. Also like the Trapp Family Lodge that Momlyn mentioned everything is made out of wood. Even the bathroom! The balconys were peaceful to sit on in the rocking chairs and there was a good veiw of the gulf of Nicoya from the rooms.

Good Luck choosing! Ive heard good things about the other hotels as well.
Old Mar 22nd, 2005, 03:58 PM

Hi, we just got back from Monteverde. We stayed, for three nights, at El Establo. The rooms and views are gorgous but not rustic. There is also not much of an ambience.
Old Mar 22nd, 2005, 04:11 PM
Vet

We stayed at the El Establo. Beware that if you pay a lower rate you may get stuck in the old portion of the hotel by the road(not shown in pictures of the hotel). Lots of ants!!!
Old Mar 22nd, 2005, 06:25 PM

We stayed at Fonda Vela January last year. Quiet. Good restaurant. Has a nice little nature trail. We would stay there again. Certainly not near town.
Old Mar 22nd, 2005, 06:38 PM

Note, we just tried to book Fonda Vela in Early July but no rooms.....seems they are booking fast!
Old Mar 23rd, 2005, 09:38 AM

clove

i will be in costa rica at the same time - maybe we will bump into each other there!

re the hotels, i am sure they all become unimportant in your company

fondest regards
you-know-me
Old Mar 24th, 2005, 02:54 PM

Just got back from CR and I stayed at the Fonda Vela. It was my favorite hotel during my CR vacation. Huge rooms and WONDERFUL STAFF!!!

Great views also. I avoided eating there as it was pricy and I prefer the casados at local restaurants.