Search

Misa Criolla

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3rd, 2007, 05:25 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Misa Criolla

AV, and others, I know that this will date me, but when I was school in BA, my parents took me to see the Misa Criolla performed at the Teatro Colon and it was magical. As we plan our next trip, I was wondering if it is ever performed live anywhere, as I would like for my husband to share this experience. Any thoughts and many thanks!
Old Nov 3rd, 2007, 06:44 PM

I'll check on the matter, Milltown. I know you said "anywhere", but I wish to point out that we don't really know when the Colón will reopen.
Tell us when you plan to come and we'll be pleased to organize a dinner for you.

Old Nov 4th, 2007, 01:09 PM
Original Poster

AV,I appreciate your quick response! I knew that Los Fronterizos, la Misa Criolla and the Teatro Colon would be impossible to duplicate. We are planning our trip at the beginning of May 2008. I look forward to a dinner once our plans are finalized and many thanks. Kind regards.
Old Nov 4th, 2007, 06:05 PM

milltown: all I've been able to find out is that Ariel Ramírez's Misa Criolla is performed rather infrequently, only on very special occasions.

There may or may not be a performance during May 2008.

I'll start preparing that dinner party! LOL!!!
Old Nov 11th, 2007, 10:06 AM

Guillermo Romero Isamel a saltenian man, as Los Fronterizos, and Los Chalchaleros, performs MISA CRIOLA usually in Christmas in the street close to the Cathedral in Salta. It is free popular and is really great.
His voice is one of the best and of course MISA CRIOLLA is the pride of Salta. In any peña any singer would be pleased to sing it if any visitor ask for it...
Flintstones
Old Nov 13th, 2007, 03:01 PM
Original Poster

Angie,
In any peña....this is not a phrase that I am familiar with, but it definitely is worth a trip to Salta, I think. LOL. Please explain when you have a chance and thanks to both you and AV. AV, when I have our plans finalized, now that I have to include Salta, I will let you know so that the details for the dinner can be worked out. Again, many thanks!
Old Nov 13th, 2007, 04:46 PM

sorry, peña in Salta are pubs and restaurants which include flokloric music show. Yes, I feel you have to come and taste our empanadas.
Angie/Flintstones