Mexico solo trip updated itinerary

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7th, 2022, 06:58 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I revised my itinerary. I added in 3 nights in Puebla, deleted a night from Mexico City and deleted a night from Oaxaca. I moved Mitla and Hierve el Agua to the first Sunday of my trip, because arriving on a Saturday, the first Sunday is the only day that makes sense, given that Mitla is closed Monday and Tuesdays. Or do you suggest staying in Oaxaca an extra night and going to Mitla on Wednesday? I am probably skipping Tula. My preference would be to avoid driving. I am open to renting a car if public transportation and taxis won't do the job good enough. Times in parenthesis are just opening and closing times, not that I know that I would spend that much time there. I don't plan how much time I will spend at places. I know I listed a lot of places but I put them in rough order of most to least important an I guess I might have to acquiesce to skipping some museums or maybe in Mexico City I'll see something on the day after or later than the day I wrote.

Saturday, May 20th: Flights to Oaxaca City arrive 4:39pm. 1st night in Oaxaca city.

Sunday: Day trip to Mitla (open 10am-12:30pm, closed Mondays and Tuesdays); Herve el Agua (open until 5). 2nd night

Monday: Day trip to Monte Alban (open 9-3:30); Árbol del Tule (until 8pm). Back to Oaxaca city. 3rd night.

Tuesday: Museo de las Culturas Oaxaca; if time the churches Santo Domingo de Guzmán (7-1 & 4-8); if open, Museo Rufino Tamayo; if time, Museo Casa de Juárez, Centro Fotográfico Alvarez Bravo; Museo Belber Jiménez; Museo del Palacio; Templo de San Felipe Neri, and/or others. 4th night

Wednesday: Bus to Puebla. 5th night. 1st night in Puebla

Thursday, 25th: Museo Amparo (archaeology, 10-6); Biblioteca Palafoxiana (library built in 1646, 10-5), Catedral de Puebla (9-1 & 4-8); possibly Puenta de Bubas, Pasaje Histórico 5 de Mayo (tunnels, archaeology, 10-4); Museo Casa de Alfeñique (art, design, old house, 10-5), Museo Regional De La Revolución Mexicana (10-6). 6th night, 2nd night in Puebla

Friday: Fundación José Luis Bello y Zetina y Museo (old house, 10-4), Museo "José Luis Bello y González" (separate location); Zona Histórica de los Fuentes (museo del Fuerto de Loreto, mirador, Museo Fuerte de Guadalupe), possibly museo Regional de Puebla (9-6), above sites if not seen yet. 7th night, 3rd night in Puebla

Saturday: bus to Mexico City. find a market or grocery store, and so on. If time, various monuments or Monumento a la Revolución (until 7), possibly Palacio Postal (until 7:30). 8th night, 1st night in CDMX

Sunday: possibly a guided tour; Zócalo, Templo Mayor, Museo del Templo Mayor, Palacio Nacional (Diego Rivera murals), various monuments. 9th night, 2nd night in CDMX

Monday: Day trip to Teotihuacán. 10th night, 3nd night in CDMX

Tuesday: Museo Firda Khalo. Possibly Mercado de Coyoacán or Antojitos Mexicanos Market Juanita. Back to Centro Historico. If time, if not seen yet, Palacio de Bellas Artes, Alameda Central park, various monuments. 11th night, 4th night in CDMX

Wednesday: Museo Nacional de Antropología. If time, Chpultepec park, El Ángel de la Independencia, and/or possibly one of the markets. 12th night, 5th night in CDMX

Thursday: Museo Soumaya (Carlos Slim's art museum), if time Palacio Bellas Artes, various monuments. 13th night, 6th night in CDMX

Friday: Tlatelolco (Zona arqueológica, Plaza), if time museo Franz Mayer. 14th night, 7th night in CDMX

Saturday: Museo Nacional De Arte; possibly Museo Nacional De San Carlos, Museo Mural Diego Rivera, above sights not seen yet. 15th night, 8th night in CDMX

Sunday: Flights back to Detroit leave 2:05 pm

Old Nov 8th, 2022, 08:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You've done a lot of good planning. But, rather than necessarily trying to check off each one of the boxes (museums, other sights) in the plan precisely as scheduled, think of them as items on a menu from which you can make selections on the spur of the moment. Allow yourself some time to simply watch the world go by at places in Puebla and Mexico City. Unplanned things that will occur spontaneously may improve your experience, as may interactions that you'll have with local people and also other global travelers.

Last edited by chrisdaniel0933; Nov 8th, 2022 at 09:04 AM.