Search

Mexico in September...

Search this Thread

Old May 2nd, 2008, 07:55 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mexico in September...

My husband and I are planning a short vacation in Mexico this September and are wondering about where to go?
We are flying from California and want to stay on the western part of Mexico. Since we are only planning on three nights, a short flight is essential. I was almost set on Las Alamandas after reading so many great reviews, but am concerned about the weather. the last thing I want to do is spend a ridiculous amount of money then be stuck inside.

For all you Mexico traveling savvy fodorites. Where would you go, for luxury, romance, relaxation and fun on the west coast of Mexico?

Thanks!
Old May 2nd, 2008, 08:42 PM

I would never do the coast in September. Hot, humid, Raining with a possibility of tropic storms. I'd head for the mountains. From the West coast Guadalajara or Morelia.
Three nights at Mexico's finest (IMO) all suites hotel The Quinta Real in Guadalajara would be my choice. The Customer's Wants, needs & desires are the management & staffs onlt concerns. Go for the Medium size (suggest suite 45) at about $240 US per might including a full breakfast for two either in the room or the resturant.
Great architecture, Museums, Cafes, entertainment, Ballet, fabulous shopping. Guadalajara has it all.
Old May 3rd, 2008, 07:58 AM
Original Poster

Thank you Stewbear,

I was afraid September might be a bad time to go to the coast. I am going to start exploring inland. I will start checking out Guadalajara or Morelia. Thanks for the suggestions!
Old May 3rd, 2008, 07:47 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Ditto. Wouldn't plan a trip to west coast Mexico in September, it's hot, humid, and the rainy season.
Old May 3rd, 2008, 09:42 PM
Original Poster

That's why I love this forum. I was all set on Las Alamandas, but not if I may be dealing with tropic storms!

I am going back to planning a Kauai vacation!!

Thanks
Old May 4th, 2008, 07:35 AM

Well I love tropical storms, to each his own.
Old May 6th, 2008, 01:57 PM

Went through 2 hurricanes in a week in October back in the 70's. First on St Martin (David) the second on St Barts (Fredrick which after hit Florida). First was a glancing blow but the second full force. Island shut down for a week with incredible rains. An Experience while exciting I do not need to repeat!