Mexico city rendezvous

Old Sep 1st, 2002, 04:54 PM
ron

Mexico city rendezvous

3 days with my lady..... need some hotel recommendations that will please her and not empty my wallet. One with a Pool and Spa would be ideal. A nice quiet area that does not need to be in the city center, but close enough that sightseeing and shopping aren't too much of drive.

Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 05:00 AM
Jean Valjean

Maybe not exactly what you are looking for:

- Habita
- Fiesta Americana Grand
- Nikko
- Marquis

Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 09:21 AM
sarah

Habitat is really great - smaller than the other more businessy hotels. Price is between 100-200 a night, not sure if that's too much for you. There is a pool, and a great bar on the roof that is popular with locals at night.

Old Sep 4th, 2002, 08:27 AM
ron

hey, thankyou very much. I researched the hotels you listed and the areas of the city as well.... They gave me a good starting point for my quest finding a hotel that is going please.... Price is a consideration, but mostly a nice relaxing 3 days...

I think the Polanco district would be a good choice... to be near the park?? What about Naucalpan?? There is a Holiday Inn that I came across {$80 to $150}... modestly priced, and seems nice enough in print?? Not right in the city, but close??

They offer a Shuttle service which is complimentary within a 5 mile radius...... Would that be enough of a distance to tour some of the sites??

The hotel lists a fitness facility with sauna, steam room and massage. A games room with billiards table ;}..... anyone know about this hotel or the district??

Old Sep 6th, 2002, 06:28 AM
daniel

May I suggest the Camino Real, close to Polanco and Reforma Avenue. Some museums are very close.
I live in Mexico City, and I would not suggest Naucalpan if you only will be here three days.

Old Sep 15th, 2002, 07:56 AM
ron

Nice hotel daniel, just a tad on the top end of what I plan to budget for..... around the $100 mark, $4 or $5 more but that would be tops.

I have plenty of time to make a choice, and I will consider all the recommendations, they are very much appreciated, keep them coming.

Hotels with a Spa would be ideal. A Pool would be a bonus.... A nice quiet area that does not need to be in the city center, but close enough that sightseeing and shopping are easy to drive to in a short time.
.. thanks again

A room at the Holiday Inn in Naucalpan is $107 each night, and include a few complimentary services.... The truth be told, they are a little on the high end also... for me anyway, but like I said, they include a couple things that make the deal attractive enough that I might just bite.

I understand that 3 days is little time to tour the city. The first day/night, I just plan on staying at the hotel and working up a sweat, go for a sauna/massage and just relax.... so the distance to the city center is not that critical.

I was only planning to tour Teo, take a stroll through the park, probably go for a boat ride in the gardens is all the tourist sites we will have time to for...

Most likely do some shopping, check out a mall or two and go for a city tour in a taxi one afternoon. I would like find a nice restaurant with a high vantage point that is a short distance from the city center and one evening go for dinner to view the city lights.