Mexico City planning: “Roma” and Roma…

Dec 23rd, 2018, 09:30 AM
Original Poster

Mexico City planning: “Roma” and Roma…

Hello all,

Now planning our February trip to Mexico City, looking for new places to go, eat, walk (the problem is that there are so many in this vast city). We have visited the city half a dozen times and have seen many of the main sights. With the release of Alfonso Cuaron’s highly praised film “Roma” I am doing homework on the Roma district. We are staying right next door, in Condesa at the Red Tree House, so it’s a good place to explore for us.

My question: does anyone have favorite restaurants, cafes, bars, places to go in Roma colonia? We ate last February at Maximo Bistrot and will definitely go back there, but now looking for more places.

Thanks in advance!
Dec 23rd, 2018, 12:55 PM

My preferences may not be anywhere close to what you're looking for. But in Roma I Iiked Porco Rosso, (bbq & craft beers on tap) in part because I don't get either as much here as in the states. The shared picnic tables are a good way to meet people. Very casual. They have a location in Condesa too. Mercado Roma is kinda fun too.
https://mr.mercadoroma.com/home
Home - Porco Rosso
Dec 23rd, 2018, 01:22 PM
Original Poster

Yes! Thank you baldone. I believe bbq pork is proof that God loves us. Shall investigate.
Dec 23rd, 2018, 01:35 PM

I've enjoyed Fonda Fina and Rosetta (I actually liked them both better than Maximo, YMMV). I assume you've been to Contramar.
Dec 23rd, 2018, 02:05 PM
Original Poster

@traveler318: Thanks. I haven't heard about Fonda Fina, sounds great. As for Rosetta, scanning the TA reviews gives a very mixed impression of the place, as if the quality control of the food is lacking. Must do more research on this....

BTW, are there any pleasant rooftop bars in Roma for a pre-dinner cocktail? We enjoyed a couple in Oaxaca last year, what a great way to begin an evening.
Jan 17th, 2019, 02:24 PM

Don’t know if you visited Azul in nearby Condesa...a great spot serving fab. mole

Search this Thread