Search

Melia Los Cabos in Cabo?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10th, 2001, 03:46 PM
chris

Melia Los Cabos in Cabo?

My family is planning a trip to Los Cabos and am leaning towards Melia los Cabos. Any information on the resort and also Cabo in general would be helpful.

Old Jan 11th, 2001, 07:23 AM
Peg

Hi, <BR>Spent a week at Melia Cabo Real (10/31/99--11/6/99.) We Had 2 bedrooms, plus the living/kitchen area. One b.room had a king-size bed, the other had 2 double beds, All rooms had a micrwave,and small refrig.! Plenty of closet space,and we thought quite nice! <BR>It was on the stretch of road between Cabo San Lucas and San Jose de Cabo. Not too far from the Westin Regina. It had a large pool and nice grounds. Also a couple of restaurants--expensive! <BR>The bus stopped out in front, which made it convenient to go to Cabo or San Jose: they also had a shuttle that went into Cabo. <BR>Hope this will help.

Old Jan 11th, 2001, 09:44 AM
dnorrie

The melia is about a 1/2 hour walk from the town proper - very reasonable distance. However, not too far from the Melia (in front of the bahia condo (this was 1 yr ago) there was a great deal of construction and it was indeed noisy. I am not sure how far this construction has proceeded but it was my understanding that the beach bars in from of the bahia condo were going to be destroyed when the new hotel was completed. The melia is very close to Edith's rest. which is excellent but expensive. We found all of Cabo very expensive on the last trip and much changed from years gone by. Hope it works out for you.

Old Jan 11th, 2001, 11:37 AM
marilyn

I'm pretty sure the second poster is taking about the Melia San Lucas, which is the Melia nearest to town--the only one in walking distance. Then there are two Melia hotels out on the strip between San Jose del Cabo and Cabo San Lucas. <BR> <BR>We were in Cabo at the Melia San Lucas two years ago. The area is very beautiful, with stunning contrasts between desert, mountains and ocean. Seemed pretty expensive for Mexico. We were underwhelmed by the Melia San Lucas, which had beautiful views but mediocre rooms and service.

Old Jan 12th, 2001, 05:34 PM
dnorrie

I think Marilyn is right - I am thinking of the Melia San Lucas rather than the Melia Los Cabos - I wasn't aware there were two Melias in the area. The Melia San Lucas is close to the town but I am sure she is right that the rooms may be just the average hotel rooms. But the location may be better as you can walk to the town. Hopefully, someone will reply who has been there more recently than a year ago.