Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

Manuel Antonio hotel-beach we can walk to??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23rd, 2011, 03:38 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First, let me thank everyone who has responded to my earlier requests for guidance in planning my family's first trip to Costa Rica. I'm just about to start booking! However, I'm wondering if any of the hotels in the Manuel Antonio area have direct access to the beach? Or do we have to take a shuttle to any beach?
I really like both Si Como No and Buena Vista villas-they both offer a shuttle to the beach but I would really like to find a place within walking distance to the beach, if such a place exists!
Old Jan 23rd, 2011, 04:27 PM

Arenas del Mar
Old Jan 23rd, 2011, 04:46 PM

You can walk to the beach at Buena Vista Villas/Tulemar -- depending on how in shape you are. You can certainly walk down; getting back up is the strenuous part, but it can definitely be done.
Old Jan 23rd, 2011, 04:51 PM
Original Poster

Arenas does not have any availability for our time frame
We will be traveling with our two kids, ages 6 & 9. I wouldn't mind taking the shuttle back at BV, if you think we can hike down to the beach.
Old Jan 23rd, 2011, 05:14 PM

We never took the shuttle to or from the beach the whole time we were there, but we like to walk (plus, it increased our wildlife and flower sightings). It's steep in places and it's hot and humid, but totally doable. You'll be in shape by the time you leave, that's for sure!
Old Jan 24th, 2011, 09:22 PM

with kids 6 and 9 I'd TOTALLY take the shuttle to the beach! Si Como No is a good place for kids, been there twice with diff sets of children and they all loved it. Little water slide in the kids pool and swim up bar to order juice and smoothies (it gets crowded with adults during happy hour though) and the theater is a pretty cool diversion for them.
Old Jan 25th, 2011, 03:37 AM

We love Si Como No, but truly think the beach at Tulemar/Buena Vista is awesome. The road is paved all the way down, it isn't far. I wouldn't want to walk back up. It isn't that steep, just constant. We always have a car so just drive ourselves--it really is just a short distance. Our granddaughter has a lot of fun at that beach.