COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Machu Pichu

Old Feb 1st, 2004, 07:36 AM
Original Poster

Machu Pichu

Hi,
Can anyone provide information on travelling the Inca Trail/Machu Pichu area? Is it best or even necessary to go with a tour operator? What is a good operator or agency? Is camping required and what is the best way to prepare and pack for that? My friend and I are thinking of a good destination to visit in August and are intrigued by the Incan history. We will be coming from Boston, MA USA.
Thanks very much!
Old Feb 1st, 2004, 09:36 AM

Good morning:

If you is interested in shamanism ritual with peruvian wizards in our jungle or mountain so to know the traditional customs of Peru. Write to: [email protected]. If you to talk on line with us; our msn is: [email protected] or to see Huaringas pictures(in FOTOS) in http://es.groups.yahoo.com/group/mystical_peru/

We have a guides team. We can to send pictures of the zone.

Miguel Angel
Manager

In Huancabamba, 284 kilometers from Piura, we find 14 lakes that form Las Huaringas (to 3,950 metres). The largest of these is the Shimbe, but La Negra is still the favorite of the "shamans," medicine men of the region, for its healing properties. Huancabamba is treated with reverence by the majority of peruvians.

HUARINGAS
(6 days/ 5 nights)
MH1

ITINERARY BRIEF DESCRIPTION
1st. Day LIMA - PIURA
Transfer from your hotel to the bus station: Lima to the city of Piura (optional air fly).
2th. Day PIURA - HUANCABAMBA
Arrive Piura: 7:00 am. Early breakfast. Transfer to the bus station. Leave by bus at 09:00 am. During the journey, the travelers go through a sequence of ecological environments containing a great variety of wild botanic plants. Arrive at Huancabamba at 16: 00 approximately. Lodging and dinner.
3rd. Day HUANCABAMBA - Salala
Early morning transfer from the lodge to the bus station. Leave by car at 04:00 am. to the city of Salala. Breakfast. Leave by horse to the Shimbe lagoons, (Due to the low temperature at night, the trip can only be done on foot or horse due to the rough terrain of the region, and only during the day in order to return before dark) appreciating beautiful landscapes. On the banks of the Shimbe lake, witch doctors will offer you a ?flourishing bath?.
The ritual will be done between the travelers and a Shaman (or wizard), they will pay to assuage the power of the huacas, energy-entities, in the ceremony of flourishing or change of luck. Return to Salala on time for lunch.
During all the night we will participate in the ceremony of " mesa " until the sunrise.
4th. Day SALALA - HUANCABAMBA
Early in the morning leave by car to near Huancabamba. Lodge accommodation. Breakfast, lunch and dinner. Day free.
5 Th. Day HUANCABAMBA - PIURA
Transfer from the Lodge to the city of Huancabamba. Breakfast. Leave by bus to the city of Piura at 08:00 am. Arrive approximately at 16:00 hrs.
6 TH. Day PIURA - LIMA:Transfer to bus station (optional air fly) to the city of Lima.

Package price per person in U$: $950, double: $930, triple: $910

This program includes:
? Transport Hotel-Bus Station(optional Airport)-Hotel
? Transport (mini bus) Huancabamba-Salala(Huaringas)-Huancabamba
? Journey on mules to has Huaringas (2 mules)
? Basic Accomodation: Two nights In Huancabamba, One night in Salala
? Three breakfast, three lunch, three dinner.
? Guidance an personal assistance.

Our tour does not include:
- Shaman session fee.
- Airport taxes and personals expense.

*** ALSO WE HAVE TOURS of 10, 15, 19 Y (28 days (BEST SITES IN ALL PERU). Macchupicchu, Kuelap, Lord of Sipan, Chan Chan, Nazca. On that ask information to: [email protected]

A tour of 12 days in Macchupicchu, Kuelap, Lord of Sipan, Chan Chan, Lima is $1000, 4 persons $925
Old Feb 1st, 2004, 11:07 AM

I went in November with a tour operator, Lost World Adventures. They did a super job with guides and tour arrangements. Although I travel frequently (and never before with a guide) and I speak Spanish, the decision to use a tour company proved very good. Denise handled my tour. There were four of us in the group and we had individual driver and guide at all times.
Old Feb 1st, 2004, 08:05 PM

We used Southwind Adventures for our trip and highly recommend them. We did not trek but know people who did use Southwind for that and they have returned to that agency for subsequent trips. You may find more useful information on my website with great photos of what you will see and narratives about the sights. http://www.janeandken.com/Machu_Picc...ed_Valley.html

You will be very enriched by your trip.

Old Feb 2nd, 2004, 04:55 AM

For the inka trail to Machupicchu ,You will need book it 04 days in advance and will need to use a travel agency, in Cuzco there are many travel agency offering this tours, if Yuo ae goign to need any information
www.perutouristinformation.com
They helped me on my last vacation and its not co- mercial site just hel with any information, need to book a htl aroudn peru buy a book
Lonely planet
roughguides
let's go
footprint so on
www.hostelsclub.com
Good Luck
Old Mar 1st, 2004, 11:18 AM

A large group from Tampa did the 4 day hike over Thanksgiving last year using SAS Travel and were very pleased.

Ardeis
[email protected]