Machu Picchu

Old Mar 24th, 2005, 08:07 AM
Original Poster

Machu Picchu

Trying to plan the trip of a lifetime...how rainy is the rainy season in Peru? We're looking at a trek that commences on 3 October, and we are concerned that it might be too wet. We aren't concerned with getting wet ourselves, but want to be able to appreciate the gorgeous vistas.
Old Mar 24th, 2005, 02:07 PM

The dry season is from May to October and the rainy season from November to April.

October gets an average of 1.9 inches or rain.

http://www.weather.com/activities/ot...locid=PEXX0008
Old Mar 25th, 2005, 09:31 AM

Pretty distressing--we are going to Peru this summer. After much searching I found this report:

http://www.elcomercioperu.com.pe/Edi...ma0276814.html

Google translation--I'm sure someone can better translate the spanish, but this gives the gist of it--pretty much as the first poster portrayed:

They assault and they balean to tourists in the Green Coast
A woman received a shot in the abdomen and a man was struck in the head.

The American spouses Mary and John Edwards, like other five tourists also of the United States, commented con.estusiasmo the natural and cultural beauties that had known in Puno. He was the eight at night of Saturday and they were transferred by the Green Coast towards his hotel in Miraflores. They did not foretell that they were going to carry out a terrible adventure that was not planned in his tour: a bloody assault. Suddenly, the coaster which there were boarded in the airport Jorge Chávez restrained unexpectedly. Black a Sedán car without plate and with polarized glasses that came in opposite sense closed the passage to them near the Waikiki club. Three delinquents lowered of him grasping arms of long reach that began to shoot to frighten to the driver and the tourists. A shot reached in the abdomen to Mary Edwards (68), who fell to the ground. His husband John (65) tried to defend it, but an attacker struck it in the head with the handle of his weapon. After reducing to the travellers, the delinquents snatched their clocks, cameras and credit cards to them, and fled with unknown course. One calculates that the amount of the robbed thing surpasses USS25 thousands. The wounded was lead to the hospital Casimiro Ulloa. The woman was operated and she already is outside danger. His husband underwent moderate encefalocraneano traumatismo. The police is making the investigations of the case.

Old Mar 25th, 2005, 09:32 AM

Sorry I posted this in the wrong thread!
Old Mar 27th, 2005, 10:38 AM

I was in MP for 2 days last September. The first day was sunny, warm and beautiful, the second was misty with a light rain. It was nice to see MP during both conditions. The mist in the morning is absolutely wonderful. A word of caution, use insect repellant! We brought loads of bug spray because we went to the Amazon Basin but nobody warned us that there are plenty of tiny bugs that bite at MP. You can't feel them but you will later on when you are covered in itchy welts. I got bitten up pretty badly the first day at MP and the bites drove me crazy for weeks after. I had to go to a pharmacy in Cuzco to get something to alleviate the itch. You won't realize you've been bitten until hours later. Wear pants, socks, long sleeves and use plenty of Deet!