Los Cabos or Mayan Riviera

Old Sep 16th, 2002, 02:46 PM

Los Cabos or Mayan Riviera

Looking for a honeymoon and want to go to Mexico and can't decide between Los Cabos or the Riviera? Which do you suggest, why, and where should we stay?

Old Sep 16th, 2002, 03:10 PM
Nancy

Hello,
Why don't you tell us a little bit more of what you are looking for as far as sights, activities, etc.?
The 2 are very different from each other...

Old Sep 16th, 2002, 03:37 PM
Patty

If you're a beach person, I would pick the Mayan Riviera - much nicer sand (whiter, finer) and generally warmer, bluer water (water temps in Cabo can vary up to 20 degrees depending on the season). Both locations have good diving/snorkeling but different sea life/underwater terrain. Also the climate/topography is very different - one is desert (Cabo), the other tropical. The one advantage of a desert climate is lots of sunshine and very little rain, but I still prefer the tropics.

Old Sep 17th, 2002, 08:27 AM
Sharon

Take a look at the September issue of Travel & Leisure. They do a cover story on The Riviera Maya. After reading this, I think your choice will be clear.

Old Sep 17th, 2002, 10:45 AM
youcanfind

Yes, and notice how not a single hotel they profiled is one of those ubiquitous all inclusives that people keep harping about.

I think those hotels sound fantastic. Much, much more elegant than the RIU Palace or Royal Hideaway. If I were going on an adults only trip, I'd go to those hotels in a heartbeat.

Old Sep 17th, 2002, 01:59 PM
cheri

I have been to both and they both have pros and cons. I found Playa to be much more populated than Cabo. The corridor between the Cabo San Lucas and San Jose is very quiet with wonderful hotels. I love the mountains and desert full of cactus and flowers in Cabo compared to the flatness of the Rivera though the water is beautiful in the Rivera and there is a lot to see and do there. I suggest that you might want to check out going to Cozumel also.

Old Sep 17th, 2002, 05:30 PM
I llike to help

Yes it is only a $25.00 Taxi Ride Each Way. To and from Cabo town for dinner.
Carry lots of one dollar bills for tipping. The prices may seem outrageous but the staff earn about $10 per day if lucky. They need your tips.