Los Cabos

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13th, 2001, 06:17 AM
Jeremy Miller

Los Cabos

I am getting prepared for a trip to Cabo from Dec 8-16th. I just wanted to see if anyone had any recommendations for places to stay (marina fiesta?), places to see, etc.<BR><BR>Traveling down with 2 other friends, 3 single guys 29-30...where are the best places to go, what nights, and where are we going to find the women!! Just going down for a week of rest, relaxation, partying, and sunshine.<BR><BR>Any other recommendations or advice?? Thanks for your help...

Old Nov 13th, 2001, 06:54 AM
traveller

Check out the bungalows. You can look them up on the internet.

Old Nov 21st, 2001, 02:30 PM
Wendy

I have stayed at the Marina Fiesta and thought it was a great location. You will be in walking distance to everything.<BR><BR>You can't help but find the parties! They are everywhere!! Although I will tell you that Cabo Wabo is almost always dead! <BR><BR>Go fishing, snorkeling, play volleyball and try to hit every happy hour in town. You will have a ball!

Old Nov 23rd, 2001, 07:42 AM
Mike

I just returned from Cabo San Lucas and if you like to drink yourself silly in a dirty rundown overpriced bar - this is the place for you. You know there are women in places like San Diego, Honolulu, etc. The only thing Cabo has going for it is fishing and snorkeling but for facilities and prices Mazatlan is probably a better location for those things. The next time I go somewhere I am going to spend my American dollars in the USA where the food, drinks,& facilities are safer, better, and cheaper.

Old Nov 25th, 2001, 09:02 PM
Jeremy Miller

Hi Wendy...if you get this, thanks for the feedback! If you have any other recommendation, please email!!<BR><BR>Thanks again,<BR>Jeremy

Old Nov 26th, 2001, 12:27 PM
Wendy

Hey Jeremy, no problem. Unlike Mike I actually really like Cabo for a party vacation. I saw your other post regarding hotels to. I do agree with Mike that the Melia is also a great place to stay but my theory is go cheap and good location- how much time are you going to spend in the room right? I wouldn't stay at the Finnesata because that is a little far. Here's a map of the hotel placement on the main beach: http://vacations.alaskaair.com/AS_Me...S_LosCabos.asp .<BR><BR>Just get a good deal, make sure you are in Cabo San Lucas (not San Jose del Cabo) and party like you are back in college!!! How can that not be fun!!!<BR>Check out the happy hour at "the Office" bar on the beach- ask and people will point you in the right direction- everyone goes here in the afternoon to party too!

Old Nov 27th, 2001, 10:11 PM
Jeremy Miller

Thanks again Wendy! I have heard that the Office is the place for happy hour. And it looks like we have selected the Marina Fiesta, since it is close to everything...nice rooms, with kitchen! (Fridge for some Coronas!)<BR><BR>It should be a good time...and party like I am in college again, no problem! Been getting in shape, ha ha!<BR><BR>Thanks again!!

Old Nov 28th, 2001, 03:22 PM
Wendy

Jeremy, spoke to a friend of mine today who just got back from cabo. They caught a 150lb. marlin! wahoo! They also brought back 80lbs. of tuna for their freezer. I've done that before- then you can grill up garlic butter tuna steaks all year!

Old Nov 28th, 2001, 09:51 PM
Jeremy Miller

Darn...that's a big fish! We may go fishing, or maybe a simple booze cruise! We are there for 8 days, so we have to find a lot to do...besides just laying by the pool! I didn't realize the sunset was so early this time of year down there (about 5:30). I thought it might be a little later...that makes for a short day!<BR><BR>Let me know if you (or your friend) have any other recommendations!! I appreciate all you have given...gives us a running start!<BR><BR>Jeremy

Old Nov 29th, 2001, 01:49 PM
Kaycee

If you want an excellent meal at a great value, try Enrique's. Its a ways up the corridor (on the ocean side) so you'll have to take a short taxi ride. It'll be worth it after finding lots of pricy eateries around Cabo San Lucas. Steak and Lobster (or shrimp) dinners for $10.00. Im not kidding you. Includes salad and potato. Oh, live entertainment too!! Have fun!!!

Old Dec 6th, 2001, 03:17 PM
uni

Message: WATCH OUT FOR BAD THINGS WITH VIAJES XPLORA ADVENTUR. They are situated in the lobby of the Westin and at other resorts. They provide the packages for fishing and other excursions. The guy charged us one amount and then my credit card statement showed a price higher of $35. Then, they didn't take us on the full 4 hour trip and stole our fish. THEN, they stole $50 from my purse and credit card and charged an additional $175. Talk about "ah carrumba".

Old Dec 8th, 2001, 06:45 AM
Jason

I went to Cabo last Spring and had the most amazing time. Places to go at night: Defintitely El Squid Roe -- everybody goes there. El Giggling Marlin is also cool. And if you like Van Halen (or just like Sammy Hagar) go to Cabo Wabo. But if you go to Cabo Wabo-- they have by far the best drink in all of Cabo-- It's called a Can't Drive 55. Just one of those can get anybody ready to party.