Reload this Page >

Looking for new spot in Mexico

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17th, 1999, 10:33 AM
steph

I am always on the look our for a new vacation destination in Mexico. I've been to Mazatlan, but enjoy going to the smaller, less comercial areas. I guess you could call them the "suburbs" of larger areas (i.e what Playa del Carmen is to Cozumel or Cancun)I have been to Ixtapa and Playa del Carmen. Does any one have any ideas? <BR>Thanks!

Old Dec 17th, 1999, 11:21 AM
Peggy

If you went to Ixtapa, did you visit Zihantanejo? I'd consider it a "suburb" of Ixtapa but culturally intact in comparison. Loved La Ropas beach & Villa Del Sol.

Old Dec 17th, 1999, 02:38 PM
steph

Peggy, <BR>thanks for the reply. Yes, we visited Zihantanejo while in Playa.

Old Dec 18th, 1999, 10:15 AM
Dennis

<BR>Try Barra De Navidad just a bout 30 minutes NW of Manzanillo. Quiet, laid back. I can also recommend Puerto Vallarta. I've made 10 trips to PV in four years.I have websites on both of these locations. If you'd like I'll send them to you. Just mail me - Dennis

Old Dec 19th, 1999, 09:09 AM
Peggy

After Cabo became so big, we have moved up the east side of Baja to Los Barilles & Buena Vista. Very small. Nice beach. Reminds me of Cabo 15 years ago. About a 45 minute drive north from San Jose de Cabo or an hour south from La Paz. Basically an anclave of retired Americans & locals living together in what appears to be a very harmonious setting. It's a quiet place to go (except during big fishing tournaments). Not alot of shopping but some good local restaurants & jetskiing, windsurfing, fishing & ATV tours.

Old Dec 19th, 1999, 10:10 AM
Dennis

<BR>If you want a new place to go, then go to this website on Barra de Navidad. http://www.eden.com/~tomzap/barra.html

Old Oct 7th, 2000, 10:37 AM
carolyn

Isla mujeres, off the coast of cancun. www.islamujeres.com, or www.cancun.com, then go to Isla Mujeres. Beautiful, laid back and serene.

Old Oct 7th, 2000, 05:30 PM
dmotl

After doing some west coast ( we did not like the pacific waters) we than set out on a crusade to do the Carribean side. Cancun for several trips, Cozumel, Akumel, Playa Del Carmen etc. Five years ago we did Isla Mujeres for the first time. We have been no where else since and spend a month on the island each year. We have a 16 page travel brouchure on the island and surrounds that we can e-mail you on request. Adios Dan & Ginny

Old Oct 9th, 2000, 05:41 PM
dmotl

Would you please send me your info on Isla when you get a chance? We are going to Cancun next week, but I'm more interested in the "other" parts of Mexico. Thanks,

Old Oct 10th, 2000, 03:40 AM
Howard

Hello <BR> <BR>Has anyone thought of going to somewhere other than a beach?????

Old Oct 10th, 2000, 07:53 AM
mexicodan

Bay of Tenacatita at: www.choice1.com/villamontana.htm <BR> <BR>adios!