Search

Lima restaurants

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3rd, 2002, 12:45 PM
Lois

Lima restaurants

Does anyone have any really good restaurants to recommend in Lima?

Old Oct 3rd, 2002, 06:38 PM
watch out for the pisco sours!

There is a famous place, right on the beach, that reminds me of Gladstones-4-Fish in Malibu. Everyone will know it. They have beach action, food, drinks. Lima, topographically, looks just like Los Angeles, the coast there like Santa Monica. Whatever you do: DON'T DRINK A PISCO SOUR, not even one sip! There are like total anaesthesia. You could have dental surgery after half a drink. This great spot on the beach pushes them like mad but avoid!

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 06:40 AM
Dave

The best meal that I have ever had in a restaurant (and I have had a lot) was at La Costa Verde. You can see a revue of it on Fodors. Everything about it was just wonderful.<BR><BR>&lt;http://fodors.com/miniguides/mgresults.cfm?destination=lima@88&cur_section=din& gt;<BR><BR>And the pisco sours were great.

Old Oct 6th, 2002, 02:53 PM
Karen

Cafe Haiti was wonderful. Delicious trout. And the pisco sours were fab!

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 08:02 AM
Enrique

Hi Lois:<BR><BR>There are many, many excellent restaurants in Lima. The Costa Verde is one of those, if you can afford it (the lunch buffet is about $100/person). The restaurants is in the Guiness Book of World Records for most different dishes in a buffet.<BR><BR>Other great restaurnats are Jose Antonio (Peruvian food), the Trattoria in Miraflores, many Chinese restaurants (you have to try one!), Cevicheria Punta Sal, etc. etc. etc.<BR><BR>Lima is recognized as one of the best cities in the world for its restaurants!