Search

Liberia Airport to Samara

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Liberia Airport to Samara

Any suggestions for bus or shuttle service from the aitport in Liberia to Playa Samara?
We arrive about 3pm on a Saturday.

Additionally, we are planning to take one day trip. Any suggestions?
We were last in Costa Rica about 15 years ago so we are up for anything even if we have already done it!

Thanks in advance
Old Dec 9th, 2013, 09:46 PM

hi alana! May I suggest Nosara, Costa Rica. It's about 25 km north of samara, sweet little surf town which is a little less touristy and a little more beachy jungle. Lots of adventure opportunities..the longest canopy tour in Costa Rica, great snorkeling or scuba diving spots, surf and yoga lessons, atv tours, spa treatments, monkey/sea turtle refuge, and lots more.

There is a shuttle service that picks up from Liberia airport and drops off in Nosara (really close to Samara) and charges $50 a person. Depending on how many people are in your group you could probably share the costs of a taxi for that price or cheaper. Also there is the public bus which is about $10 but you have to take 3 separate buses (1 from the airport to downtown liberia, one from liberia to nicoya, and one from nicoya to samara) and deal with the transfers which can be difficult if you don't know the area or the language.

I have been living in Costa Rica for about 5 years now and have lived in both nosara and samara so if you need any help just send me an email at [email protected]. I'm starting a business as a vacation planner and just launched my new site astoldbyamanda.com.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help the trip go more smoothly.
Old Dec 11th, 2013, 10:08 AM
mad

Love Samara- it's our favorite place. Where are you staying? perhaps they can recommend a shuttle. We've always rented a car, but that can be pricey and you really need a 4x4 if you want to venture out of town. Nosara is the only day trip we've taken from there. It's much more spread out than Samara and the ocean is much rougher, but beautiful beach. You can do a canopy tour from Samara or take the bus down the road to Playa Carrillo, which is another beautiful beach, but not much of a town. Honestly, we've not felt like we needed to leave Samara when we've been there and usually regret the day trips. You can surf, go for very inexpensive horseback rides on the beach, get a massage, etc. all in town.
Old Dec 13th, 2013, 03:20 PM

Last year we drove from Carrillo to Nosara. The trip down isolated dirt roads took us over an hour, so I cannot agree that it is close to Samara (the distance between Carrillo and Samara is perhaps ten minutes).
Carol
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 02:05 PM

More places to explore in Costa Rica. I am just completing a home exchange in San Jose, CR. I took side trips to Tortuguero, Puerto Viejo, Manuel Antonio and La Fortuna. Might be back home exchanging with the same people in 2 years. They have children who live near me.

I drove all over in a standard shift car (not 4 x 4) but did stay off the unpaved roads for the most part. Went ziplining 2x.

The blog on the trip is here:

http://altecockertravels.weebly.com/...mber-2013.html

If there is a next time, I do want to see some other Pacific Coast beaches and perhaps return to Tortuguero when the turtles are nesting/hatching. This time it was too late.

You should have fun no matter where you go. Nice place, friendly people. Pura vida!