Search

Large family help

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29th, 2007, 05:22 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Large family help

My friends have decided to join our trip in July but they are having trouble b/c they are a family of 8. We are doing 2 nights at Peace Lodge, 3 nights at Lost Iguana (Arenal) and 4 nights at Bosque del Cabo (Osa).
Can anyone recommend hotels or houses that would be reasonable and nearby where we are staying?
Any other tips for traveling with a large group?
Old Dec 30th, 2007, 06:46 AM

No responses - hmmm, maybe for the same reason that I cannot respond - none of us know what the word "reasonable" means. I do know what it means to ME, but to YOU and/or your friends, I have not a clue.

Old Dec 30th, 2007, 08:11 AM
Original Poster

Sorry, I have to remember to be more specific.
If they stay with us at Lost Iguana, it will be around $800 per night as they will need two suites so something less than that. They were looking for a place they could all stay together like a house or something along that line.
I just learned about the Bamboo House down in Osa and I'm looking for something like that for the Arenal area.
Old Dec 30th, 2007, 10:04 AM

In Arenal I believe there are a couple of family room type accomodations at Los Lagos. There may also be one at El Silencio del Campo, I can't remember for sure. Also, if you're staying at BDC, don't forget about the 2 houses there if your friends want to stay on the grounds near you. Good luck!
Old Dec 31st, 2007, 05:17 AM

Just keep in mind that unless they stay in one of the houses or cabinas with lofts at Bosque del Cabo, it may be a little complicated. You would need to hike a good hour at least between Bosque and the rental houses down at the beaches, plus communications may be a little hard. If they can stay at BdC I'd definitely take that option. A good majority of the hotels in Arenal area have rooms that will hold four people. As far as Peace Lodge, if they aren't staying there, the near place I can think of would be Poas Volcano Lodge, but it is not close as in walkable, they would have to drive there from la Paz.
Old Dec 31st, 2007, 05:43 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm checking them out right now.
Old Dec 31st, 2007, 07:26 AM

We just came back from CR traveling with a family of 14 (6 kids and 8 adults). In Arenal we stayed at the Los Lagos Hotel. While it was not my favorite hotel on the trip, it could comfortably accommodate a family of 8.
Our room had 2 dble beds with pull-out single trundles. It does have a pretty nice swimming pool for the kids, and a hot "springs" for the grownups after a long day of hiking.
Old Jan 1st, 2008, 10:06 AM

Have you looked into the Monarch Villa at Peace Lodge? I can't remember how many people it accomodates, but I believe it's the largest there.
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 02:24 PM

We are traveling to Costa Rica with 19 people (4 families.) In Arenal we rented 2 houses next to Bylbos Resort. The houses have full access to the hotel property, including pool etc... Contact Bylbos for rates and more info. You can also go on vrbo.com to see other house rentals.

Good luck!
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 06:14 PM

At Arenal Observatory Lodge, they offer La Casona, a guesthouse with shared baths, very clean. Rooms are on both sides of a great hall. There are 2 large bathrooms. One of the dormitory style rooms is a large room with several bunks. The price for us a couple of years ago (small room with double bed) was $53 per night including breakfast. Not sure what the bunk room would be. La Casona also offers about 4 of the small single bed rooms like we had. We were there in July as well and were virtually the only people in the entire guesthouse.

The housing option near Byblos sounds good. Hope something works out for you--I'm sure it will. Have a great trip!
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 08:16 AM

The Monarch Villa at Peace Lodge has a king bed downstairs with a queen and a twin in the loft upstairs.It will accomodate 5 people. We have a group of 11 going in July and needed several rooms in addition to the Monarch Villa so it got prety expensive. There is only one Monarch Villa and it rents up fast.

We are not going to the Osa, but I did come across the houses at Bosque del Cabo in our research. They looked very nice and seemed to accomodate a number of people.