Reload this Page >

Kona vs. Vallarta for a honeymoon

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15th, 1999, 07:47 PM
Matt

I am trying to settle on a location for my honeymoon in September and have a few questions. Ideally, I'd like to stay on the Kona coast of the Big Island, but I've found that it's a tad bit too pricey for where I want to stay (The Orchid at Mauna Lani). Someone mentioned that Puerto Vallarta's geography is somewhat similar to Hawaii's (mountains, lush forests, beaches, and cliffs), and I was wondering if that was true. Vallarta is cheaper, but is it nearly as romantic as Kona would be?

Old Jun 16th, 1999, 04:18 AM
Bart

Hi Matt, Big Island definatley. The resorts along the Kohala Coast are great. Yes the Orchid is expensive. Used to be a Ritz but changed about 3 years ago. Check out teh Hilton at Waikaloa, it is more reasonable-NOT CHEAP- but it is a 1st class resort. We always stay at Mauna Lani and yes it is romantic. <BR>There is so much to do on BI and it is a diverse climate. Snow atop the volcanoes in winter and 78 degree water an hour away. <BR>If you decide on BI let me know, I'll dig out restaurant info.

Old Jun 16th, 1999, 07:48 AM
Kim

Hi Matt, honestly I don't know Kona, but I live in Puerto Vallarta and work here for a tour-company, and I can tell you that Puerto Vallarta is definitely romantic, and I could give you some great 'romantic' tips. Puerto Vallarta has this great Mexican style, with very friendly Mexican people, a beautiful downtown, indeed a lush vegetation, mountains, and some nice beaches. Although you should not expect the white beaches with turquoise waters as you find them in the Carribbean. <BR>I would recommend you a nice hotel in the South part of Puerto Vallarta, as for example the Camino Real or the Jolla de Mismaloya. I am sure you will have a great honeymoon in Puerto Vallarta!

Old Jun 20th, 1999, 07:38 PM
Rusty

Have been to P.V. 5 times and wish I were there right now. A great place with a lot to do and see and yes, it is a romantic place. I highly reccommend it to you. The price is right and the resturants are wonderful. Beaches and water are not as brillant as the carribean but plenty nice. <BR>

Old Jun 22nd, 1999, 08:16 AM
Cheryl Z.

<BR>PV!!