Search

Jessie_ : need your help

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8th, 2004, 11:19 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jessie_ : need your help

Hi Jessie_

I've been reading over some of the messages about accomodations and travel in the osa penninsula and see that your very knowledgable about that part of CR
(and all of CR). I see that you really like Bosque de cabo and I'am considering staying there based your recommedations.

I am also looking at a place called Finca Que Ama. Do you know that place? Do you know the owner there too? It sounds great. Just wondering if you have ever been there and can tell me what the area/hotel is like. It sound's amazing.

Thanks you for your help.
Old Nov 8th, 2004, 03:42 PM

I'm not Jessie, but can highly recommend both places. Bosque del Cabo is just breathtakingly beautiful and offers fantastic hiking and wildlife viewing. Definitely a good choice if traveling to the Osa.

La Finca is also very nice. We've stayed there 3 times. We like it because it is in a part of the country that is less traveled by tourists--between Puriscal and San Pablo de Turrubares. Sits overlooking a beautiful canyon view. The rooms are very private, have great amenities (you don't find jacuzzi tubs often in CR), the DVD player is nice for early nightfall, the food is excellent, and the hosts, Neta and Arbel, delightful people who will make you feel SO at home.

Arbel is an artist and illustrates and writes children's books. We visited there again last week and I was so impressed to learn that he has been volunteering his time in the little town of Turrubares offering art classes to the school children--at no cost to the school. They are both very giving people.

We consider Neta and Arbel our friends, but I wouldn't speak so highly of their hotel if every word weren't very true. There are a couple of other people of this board who have stayed there as well and they will tell you the same thing should they read your post!
Old Nov 8th, 2004, 05:12 PM

I stayed at Finca Que Ama too and I second everything Shillmac said. You really can't go wrong with Neta and Arbel at their finca.

Plus Neta is great with travel advice. She has helped a ton of people from this message board make their arrangements.

Blague: You're right about Jessie_. She does offer good advice. She offered great Costa Rican travel tips back when she was Suzie2, too! Welcome back to the board, Jessie_!
Old Nov 8th, 2004, 05:19 PM

We also liked staying with Neta and Arbel for all the same reasons...Joyce
Old Nov 9th, 2004, 04:12 PM

MonaManuel that is incredible detective work! Now that you mention it, I can see the connection. Both always give such great advice. Then again, so did Neta!
Old Dec 30th, 2004, 09:45 AM

check out Lapa rios.

My wife and I thought it was heaven.

www.laparios.com
Old Dec 30th, 2004, 11:42 AM

Yes, Lapa Rios is a very pretty place.

As far as the origional posting responses are concerned:
LOL my goodness....much ado about nothing!!!!!
I was busy posting my pictures and personal travel advice on other web sites-which I have been doing for about 4-5yrs now. There are several people on this board who have known me for that long. It was very time consuming and I didn't get on Fodors for awhile. When I tried to get back on they had dropped my password from the automatic sign in. It was just the Fodors assigned password that I had forgotten so I decided to put my own in that I could remember. Unfortunately, everytime I tried I was told there was someone else with that email etc so I just gave up and changed my name.