Search

Isla Mujeres non-inclusive

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16th, 2006, 10:51 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Isla Mujeres non-inclusive

My husband and I are going to move to the other coast for our vacation. We have been going to Ixtapa/Zih and are looking for a laid back Destination. Isla Mujeres sounds like the ticket but we are NOT all-inclusive types. Any suggestions on places that might provide us with beach, no wrestling for beach chairs, a kitchenette and not a mega-resort. Thanks!
Old Jul 16th, 2006, 01:25 PM

I can't offer any specific suggestions but I'd be very surprised if there are very many AI on Isla Mujeres. Maybe 1 or 2, but they will be fairly small.
Old Jul 17th, 2006, 01:45 AM

You may also want to consider the Tankah/Tulum area of the coast. Very quiet with beautiful beaches,great restaurants, archaeological sites, cenotes and the Sian Ka'an Biosphere Reserve just south of Tulum. Easier to get around with a rental car and no ferries to worry about. There are many options for accommodations from a beachfront villa or condo to small 5 or 6 room hotels.

Carole
http://CasaTropical.com
Old Jul 17th, 2006, 07:52 AM
Original Poster

Why I do believe I am being solicited.

. . .without Online Service Provider's express prior approval, contains advertising or any solicitation with respect to products or services . .
Fodors Usage Agreement

If you have permission than excuse me but I think I made it clear that I was looking at Isla Mujeres.
Old Jul 17th, 2006, 09:15 AM

Have you looked at Hotel Secreto? AAA 3 stars, have heard nice things about it...
Old Jul 17th, 2006, 10:32 AM

Hurricane Wilma cancelled my planned trip to Isla Mujeres, and I haven't managed to get back there since. Anyway, it's been a couple years, but we really like Hotel Playa la Media Luna. Nice rooms, at the time they were around $100.00US. No kitchen, but they did have a fridge. Also a small continental breakfast was included. Located on a beautiful piece of beach, but not swimmable, too rough. Playa Norte, with it's clear, calm water was a five minute walk away. Great little place. If you want to see pictures e-mail me: [email protected]
Old Jul 17th, 2006, 02:35 PM

We're Zihua regulars who are going to spend one year's vacation in Isla. We're going to stay at the Media Luna, as well. I would urge you to check out http://islatravelers.com/board/portal.php as a source for pretty informative info about the island.