Internal Air flights in Peru

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24th, 2006, 01:30 PM
Original Poster

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

I've been looking at flights within Peru for April (Lima to Arequipa; Arequipa to Cusco; and Cusco to Lima). I've been looking at flights and costs, but have no idea what a good air fare might be. Do the airlines ever have air fare sales? Thanks
Old Oct 25th, 2006, 10:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are seasonal variations in fares but that is it. It is a matter of searching the internet for fares and times you consider reasonable. I did find the fares a bit expensive when I went.
Old Oct 26th, 2006, 02:44 PM

There are a few airlines operating domestic flights in Peru, and not all will show up on Expedia or Travelocity. All have websites in English and all can do E-ticketing.

LAN (I think this is the best airline in Peru, but it tends to be a little more expensive.)
www.lan.com

Star Peru
www.starperu.com

Aerocondor
www.aerocondor.com

TACA (domestic flights only between Lima and Cusco)
www.taca.com
Old Oct 27th, 2006, 01:11 PM

I liked LAN. The website was easy to work with. I don't remember the precise costs but the flights I took were each under or about $100, flying in the early summer. The planes left on time, were very clean and everything was done in a very professional manner.
Old Oct 30th, 2006, 05:09 AM
Original Poster

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Thanks--guess I just need to keep checking the websites for the Airlines.
Old Feb 10th, 2007, 08:26 PM

I did a comparison between the Aerocondor and LanPeru for the same flights.

Using the English USA-Canada version of LanPeru vs. just Aerocondor.com.pe (which seems to only come in Spanish), I could save $50 r/t on a CUZ-PEM flight.

Granted, if I said I was from Peru, and looked up the same flights (again, using Spanish) on Lanperu.com.pe, then I could see a whole 'nother class of fare which was about comparable. But since I had to "lie" in order to see those prices, I didn't think I would be allowed to purchase them.

starperu was hard to navigate, and I haven't tried TACA yet because it only does the one route that I already have covered.
Old Feb 11th, 2007, 06:45 AM

I've purchased a lot of domestic tickets on lan.com for travel within Peru and Chile. I've always wondered about that too: What would stop me from saying I was a citizen when I bought the tickets on line? I imagine when I checked in and had to show a photo ID, they would see a foreign passport and realize I had bought a fare for which I was not eligible.
Old Feb 17th, 2007, 04:22 AM

I wouldn't fly Aerocondor. They are really old russing planes. During our last visit to Peru, my wife and I flew from Lima to Ayacucho, and they had to jump start the plane twice. There were bugs inside the cabin...not sure what it was, but they were crawling up the seats....it was disgusting.
Old Feb 17th, 2007, 04:23 AM

I meant RUSSIAN planes
Old Feb 17th, 2007, 07:45 AM

I hope they didn't pull up with jumper cables.

I don't think you can go wrong with LAN. I use them whenever possible. They offer a very polished and professional level of service.
Old Feb 17th, 2007, 05:46 PM

ARGH Carlos - I am freaking out and am going to have nightmares about this. I'm not even sure if I am able to cancel the tickets now!

Well, luckily it's a short flight - 30 minutes. Maybe we won't die in 30 minutes.

Oh my god. I am super freaked out by bugs. Okay, yes, we're flying to the jungle and will definitely see bugs there, but in the plane, you're a captive audience.

I'll bring bug spray.