Info on buying coffee

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 02:53 PM
Tia

Info on buying coffee

Hi:

Are there places at the airport or near the hotels by the airport where coffee can be purchased to take back to U.S.? Maybe duty free shops? Thanks

Tia

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 03:58 PM
Wendy

I'm not sure where you are flying out of but I have purchased coffee in mexican duty free airports before.

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 05:55 PM
Huh?

Buying it in an airport WHERE?

Mexico
One of the 7 countries making up Central America?
One of the 12 or so countries making up South America?65

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 06:10 AM
Rae

There's a shop in the airport in San Jose where you can purchase many different kinds of coffee - both whole bean and ground.

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 06:28 AM
Tia

Sorry, everyone. I was in such a hurry that I forgot to tell you where I was going!! Looking to buy coffee beans to take home with us. We're flying out of San Jose in Costa Rica. Does anyone know how much it costs? Thanks!

Tia

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 07:29 AM
Iza

There are several shops in the San Jose airport where you can buy coffee, including gift shops and little stands. The most popular (and consistently good) brand is Britt. Britt has several stands at the airport. Another brand that we really liked is Three Generations (smaller gold bags with a stick-on label). I don't remember the exact prices we paid but I think that it was about $4-5 per pound (higher at the airport). I suggest you buy the coffee at a grocery store rather than at the airport because the prices are much better at grocery stores. Any grocery store and most gift shops all over the country have coffee for sale.

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 02:53 PM
PARROT MOM

Make sure if you buy the coffee and if some is ground that it is "puro"..without sugar..and look for the coffee liquer.. I also recommend if your able to stop in at a supermarket.I'd recommend you bring a plastic bag to put the coffee bags in.

Old Jan 26th, 2002, 11:40 AM
ja

Best bet: go to a grocery store, ask the people who work there what the Ticos like the best for coffee brands, and buy that.
ja