Search

Iguazu Park entrance fee

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Iguazu Park entrance fee

What, definitively, is the enterance fee to Iguazu National Park?? I have received a number of differing prices. And.. I would assume that the enterance fee is in addition to any excursion that one takes within the park , i.e. with Iguazu Jungle Explorer, which, as I understand it, are located within the park. Also, what would the chill factor be in mid April, if one did the falls on a Zodiac??
Please set me straight!! Thanks.
Old Nov 26th, 2008, 02:32 PM

I think the entrance fee varies according to nationality.
Old Nov 26th, 2008, 02:57 PM

The entrance fee for foreigners is 60 pesos on the Argentine side (and is in addition to any excursions). On the brazilian side it is around 40 pesos (Argentine). We were there last week and it was hot! Dont know about April. Hasve fun it is an amazing place!
Old Nov 26th, 2008, 04:05 PM

I haven't yet been to Iguazú, but I'd say it is sub-tropical and it is never cold, not even in mid-winter and most certainly not in April.
Old Nov 26th, 2008, 05:47 PM

The park does not accept credit cards for the entrance fee. So make sure you have cash on hand. There is an ATM there, but it is past the entrance. As crellston said - it was 60 pesos. We did not do the jungle explorer - so I cannot comment on that portion of your question. We were there in early November - early spring - it was quite warm then.
Old Nov 27th, 2008, 09:06 AM

We paid 40 pesos (non-resident) in October. (I am currently looking at the ticket stub.)It's possible this was the senior fee, but it doesn't say that on the ticket.
tptr
Old Nov 27th, 2008, 04:10 PM

I don't remember what we paid, but I can tell you that we were there this past April and we didn't have to worry about any 'chill' factor.

It was quite warm... we wore shorts.
We went on a tour and were on a boat that went under the falls. We were soaking wet, and I do mean soaking! They gave us bags to put our shoes and cameras in.

We then wandered around the park, soaking wet, until we air dried, and we were quite comfortable. No chill at all.

Have a great time.
Old Nov 28th, 2008, 06:37 PM

We will be spending a couple of nights at the Sheraton Hotel that is within the park. Does anyone know if we will have to pay the park fee each day or only each time we enter the park, or is the fee a multi-day sort of thing?
Old Nov 28th, 2008, 08:02 PM

tater - only once, on your way in. Not sure though how it works if you leave the Sheraton to go to town for dinner. Definitely take advantage of hitting the park as it opens, the trails/walks were relatively deserted til about 11am-noon when all the tour bus groups started showing up.
Old Nov 29th, 2008, 03:06 PM

I was at Iguazu in June and stayed at the Sheraton. We paid the park entry fee only once (40 pesos at the time...from reading here it appears the fee may have gone up). We went to dinner in town and returned without paying a second fee.

Old Nov 30th, 2008, 12:33 PM
Original Poster

Thank yuou all for your comments. It does seem as though the entry fee has miraculously gone up from 40 to 60 P. Also, thanks for the comments on the CHILL factor. Maybe we will take a little towel with us to dryoff somewhat after the falls. Will put in waterproof bag! We are staying in B&B in town so plan on getting to park before 9AM to miss the touristy folks. As if we are not touristy folks as well! Ha! Ha!

Jay H.
Old Nov 30th, 2008, 01:29 PM

Jay, you don't really need a towel, it's so hot out.. but if you have room, why not..
also they do provide the waterproof bags and they are really big. They'll hold shoes, cameras,, and lots more.
But we really didn't even have one shiver..
Old Nov 30th, 2008, 05:06 PM
Original Poster

Hey Kodi,

Did you just book with Jungle Explorer when you got into park and before the crowds developed? Did you just do the "Great Adventure?" We are making a special side trip from BA to do this on April 11. With flight and B&B , etc will run around a thousand bucks for this one full day adventure. Everyone says this is a must do endeavor, so how could we pass it up. Thanks for your thoughts.

Jay
Old Nov 30th, 2008, 06:36 PM

Hi Jay.
We booked our own flight from Buenos Aires. We took the early flight out one day, stayed overnight at the Sheraton, and took the later flight back the next day.

We booked our tour from the tour desk at the Sheraton , but I forget the name of the tour.
It included a ride through the jungle in a huge open truck,
then on the boat . They said we'd go through rapids, but the motor was on , so it was nothing... but then we got to the falls. and it was SO much fun. Our driver went under the falls 4 times as we all laughed and screamed with delight....and got totally drenched.

so, yes, make the most of your time there and enjoy the tour.
Be sure to take the little train out to the end, and walk the cat walk thing out to the main falls. Sorry but the name escapes me right now... senior moment!

I know you'll have fun.
Old Nov 30th, 2008, 06:51 PM

garganta del diablo And yes, take the train out there, it's a must do, even though I ended up drenched.
Old Dec 2nd, 2008, 04:28 PM
Original Poster

Want to hear something crazy? We will be on a South America cruise with Royal Caribbean cruise line and they offer a tour out of BA to Iguazu--is a full day tour lasting a total of about 9 hours --flying back and forth and the park, walks, which doesn't include zodiac boat ride at $895 per person. Is that out of site or what/ It's atrocious. The nerve of RCL!!%%$$##@@@ Comments! Thoughts??
Old Dec 2nd, 2008, 04:47 PM

OMG !!! That is highway robbery! BUT how can you NOT do it.
It's too far to take the chance of making your own plans. If it was just a tour into town, you could to your own thing... but the risk of missing the ship is just too great. Nine hours isn't much. But at least you would get to see the falls. Are you fying down? You must be.

Good luck with it all.
Old Dec 2nd, 2008, 06:09 PM
Original Poster

Hello again Kodi,

Yes, we are doing this on our own. We booked our own air on local carrier at about $350 each round trip and prebooked a B& B for one night ($100) in Iguazu city and may book the Isango tour of Falls with zodiac for $56 per person. Oh, taxi to and from local airport in Iguazu at $20 total each way. So there you go at around $1,000 total for 1 1/2 days at Iguazo. Somewhat better than what the ship wants! Everyone we have spoken to and everything we have read says that this is a not to be missed experience.

Jay
Old Dec 2nd, 2008, 06:19 PM

Jay, I totally agree. It's not to be missed. Sounds like you've got it all under control.
We spent quite a bit too.... return flight, one night at the Sheraton... but the price of the tour was well worth it. Going under the falls and getting soaking wet was a real highlight. ...that and walking to the end of the catwalk and looking over at the falls. Truly breathtaking.
I'm glad you saved money and so glad that you are doing it.
Have a great time.