Ideas for our baby :-)

Jul 20th, 2019, 03:08 PM
Original Poster

Ideas for our baby :-)

Next February, my wife and I will be visiting Mexico for 1 month (Mexico City, Oaxaca, Puebla). Our daughter and her baby will join us for the final week. We are searching for a quiet rental (house or condo) near the beach. Two years ago, we rented a house in Puerto Morelos (Yucatan). This time, we would like to rent in another part of the country. Any suggestions? Thank you.
Jul 21st, 2019, 11:32 AM

Logistically, something on the Oaxacan coast makes sense. Huatulco, Puerto Escondido and places in between. Both PE and Huatulco have flights to/from both OAX and MEX. You don't say if your budget would work for airfare, however. Aerotucan has flights to both places in their Cessna from OAX.
Jul 22nd, 2019, 05:06 AM
Original Poster

Thank you, Baldone. My wife and I (retired couple) will land in Mexico City. After 5 days in the capital, we will travel south to Puebla, Oaxaca and finally the Pacific coast. For our daughter and her baby, there might be a flight from Montreal to Huatulco... Ideally, we would like to find a rental with a pool and close to a “swimmable” beach (no surf). I'll start looking your suggestions on VRBO.
Jul 22nd, 2019, 01:58 PM

Your query got me to looking at some vrbo properties out of curiosity. Some fantastic places. We'd stayed in town on our last visit to the area, rather than a villa or condo. But as you should be able to see from the pictures on vrbo, the bays have mostly calm water. Which is what we liked about the area. If it works out, be sure to do a trip report in the future.