Iberostar or Royal Maeva?

Old Jan 25th, 1999, 05:13 AM
Liz

Iberostar or Royal Maeva?

I am planning a Honeymoon for Nov. 1999 & I am trying to decide which hotel to stay at in Playa. Does anyone have any comments about either one of these hotels? How is the weather in November?
Thanks.

Old Jan 26th, 1999, 02:22 PM
Elizabeth

Liz: PS to my e-mail re these resorts, the Iberostar seemed to have more water activities than the Maeva and perhaps a slightly younger crowd with perhaps more American and Canadians than the Maeva altho both have a European clientele too. Both are super resorts with no complaints from either. Weather perhaps more rain at the beginning of November but we had none from Nov. 29-Dec. 14 except our last day and once at night.
You can't go wrong with either resort.

Old Feb 19th, 1999, 05:38 PM
jj

A friend of my travel agent stayed at the Royal Maeva which is next door to the Iberostar and said the food was more varied and better at the Iberostar.

Old Feb 22nd, 1999, 09:34 AM
Doug

I have stayed at the RMP and would highly recomend it. It is smaller 300 rooms vs 700 at Iberostar. It is the last resort on the beach, no hotels to the south. Free snorkel boat 3 times a day, free diving if you are certified. Plenty of activities, nice rooms and very good food. I would go between thanksgiving and christmas, low season. We were just were in akumal the first week of dec and the weather was perfect. You will have more rain in early nov.

Old Feb 23rd, 1999, 12:14 PM
Jen

Just got back from a week at the Iberostar which was incredible. It is the most beautiful hotel in Playacar - the rooms are set around a jungle with monkeys, peacocks and other widllife wandering around - amazing! The pool is also breathtaking and the food was great. The Iberostar is twice the size of the Royal Maeva, but that really didn't bother us - it is quite big, so that may be an issue for you. The Royal Maeva is next door so we went and looked at it and it looked very nice and we heard good things about it (I don't think you would go wrong by staying there), but the Iberostar really is the best.

Old Apr 6th, 1999, 12:08 PM
Allan

Just returned from a week at the Iberostar. The Royal Maeva is right next door. (separated by a chainlink fence). It is obvious that the iberostar is much more lush and luxurious than the R.M. Going to the Iberostar is like dying and going to heaven. Five star in every aspect. Truly Stunning. Go, Go, Go. My wife and I, having spent a week at the iberostar will not even shop for other resorts for our next vacation. Have a great time. Feel free to email me for further info.