Reload this Page >

How safe is the water in Rosarito

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24th, 2002, 12:10 PM
Janit

My husband and I and our teenage children are spending three days in Rosarito Mexico before heading north to San Francisco. I read in the AAA book that the water is poluted and unsafe to swim or drink.I did not read about any health risk in the Fodor's guide and since I have not been to Mexico in over 20 years I am not sure how safe the water is to drink or swim.

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 04:09 PM
brenda

if you are speaking of the Rosarito just south of San Diego, drink bottled water just to be safe, you are comming from a country which purifies everything into one which does not...as for swimming, surfers from the U.S. are in it all the time....also, the "village: of Puerto Nuevo is a great place for lobster breakfast!!!deep split & deep fried, sounds greasy but is not is actually heavenly!!! enjoy!

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 09:09 AM
xxx

i wouldn't swim in the water. plus depending when you are going - it could be very cold.<BR>there is a great hotel on the south end of Puerto Nuevo that is right on the coast and has a great pool area. not the ocean but second best. don't remember the name but i think it is the only large hotel there. puerto nuevo is a short drive from rosarito so you can go there to visit. rosarito is a huge party town on weekends cause the drinking age is 18 so a lot of teens come down from the states.