Search

hotel Manuel Antonio

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1st, 2002, 05:10 AM
Maud

hotel Manuel Antonio

I am going to post for some areas in Costa Rica:<BR>Can anyone recommand a nice comfortable hotel in Manuel Antonio. I am thinking of a price around $60 per room. We prefer a hotel with a bit of a personal touch in the decoration of the rooms and a nice setting, so if you walk out of the room you can watch birds and anymals in the garden. We also prefer a balcony or porch to sit on when it rains (we will be going there in two weeks you see..<BR>Of course I would like to have safety deposit boxes in the room (if not in the room than certaninly at the reception)<BR>What about hotel California or Villas Nicholas? Any other suggestions.<BR><BR>Thanks!!

Old Sep 1st, 2002, 12:10 PM
Terri

Me again Maud. We did 4 nights at Villas Nicolas. It was one of our favorite places! We had a lovely condo with a beautiful ocean/jungle view for $75 per night. Our condo had a full kitchen and I believe that they have less expensive condos without kitchens for around $50.<BR>Again, Villas Nicolas has everything you describe. The balconies have rockers and hammocks and are wonderful places to watch tropical storms, squirrel monkeys and acaratis (small toucans). It has also has the added benefit of being within walking distance (up and downhill) to some great places to eat including Cafe Milagro for breakfast and Karolas for dinner. It's also immediately next door to Si Como No, which was convenient for us given the fact that we did not rent a car and the bus stops right in front of the hotel. Villas Nicolas has safety deposit boxes in the room (for a fee) and provides a nice expensive laundry service.<BR>Again, if you have any questions or would like add'l info, please feel free to e-mail me.

Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 11:44 AM
Terri

Maud - I just reread my previous post. I meant to say that the laundry service was "inexpensive." Yikes!

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 03:58 PM
Kelly

Watch the price! Depending on when you go and what type of lodging you want, it can be quite a bit more expensive. I just reserved a "type 2" room (pretty low down the totem pole; I think the only "luxury" is a small fridge) for $105/night (including taxes). So - obviously, I think ity's going to be good, but ask first about prices.

Old Sep 27th, 2002, 03:36 AM
Teresa

Terri, I was also considering the Villas Nicolas on my trip to Costa Rica but it seems they don't serve breakfasts or any meals, is that true?<BR>Thanks in advance.

Old Sep 30th, 2002, 05:52 AM
Alison

Teresa,<BR>If you're going in the 'green season', Villas Nicolas does not serve food. However, we bought food items at the grocery in Quepos and with the kitchen in the condo we could make our own meals, and as a previous poster says, there are places within short walking distance that you can eat at. I certainly would not rule out Villas Nicolas because the restaurant does not operate in the slow season!

Old Sep 30th, 2002, 07:02 AM
Terri

Teresa: I completely agree with Alison. We took the bus to the Quepos market and bought food for some of our meals. It was actually a nice treat to cook once in a while instead of eating out every meal. In fact, one of my favorite dinners of our entire trip consisted of cheese, crackers, fruit and a nice Chilean chardonnay while sitting on the balcony of our room at Villas Nicolas.

Old Sep 30th, 2002, 08:00 AM
Teresa

Thank you both for your replies<BR>Yes, I'm planning to go on the green season . I guess meals won't be a problem then. Thanks again.

Old May 6th, 2003, 08:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ttt for Tino