Search

Hotel Capitan el Suizo

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22nd, 2001, 04:49 AM
Barb

Hotel Capitan el Suizo

We're a family of four planning a trip to Costa Rica. Anyone have experience with this hotel? Thanks for your comments!

Old Oct 22nd, 2001, 05:29 AM
Iza

We stayed at Capitan Suizo twice in the last two years and we absolutely loved it. It has a great location, well maintained garden, great pool. The service is excellent and the restaurant is very good. It is very family friendly. I can recommend it very highly. Their regular rooms are spacious with large bathrooms. The bungalows are big and private and their bathrooms are huge. <BR>Please post more questions if you need any specific informaton.

Old Oct 22nd, 2001, 05:32 AM
Ally

Although it's been years since I stayed there (they had JUST opened) we think it's a fabulous hotel. We stayed in one of the 'cabinas' with a little sitting area and a huge bathroom. It did not have a/c but had alot of screens to open for the breezes and two ceiling fans. They now have newer rooms with a/c, but I think they are more of your typical hotel room. <BR>Beautiful Pool area. Right on beach..a little tiny bit out of downtown <BR>so the beach right out front is not quite as crowded. I've seen many, many good recommendations for this hotel. I'm sure some other will post here.

Old Oct 22nd, 2001, 06:53 PM
Barb

Hey, thanks for the good responses! Another question, do you know if there is windsurfing here? Also, not sure if equipment is readily available. Appreciate your help.

Old Oct 23rd, 2001, 05:17 AM
Iza

Barb, unfortunately no windsurfing in Tamarindo area. There are a lot of surfers and Tamarindo is well known as the surfers' town (surfing is on the other end of the beach from Capitan Suizo). From what I heard and read, the best windsurfing is around Tilaran on Lake Arenal. There are constant winds there and it is a beautiful area. It is 2-3 hours drive from Tamarindo (good roads and a rather nice drive).

Old Oct 23rd, 2001, 02:04 PM
Barb

Hey Iza, you are a wealth of information! Many thanks for your info. and I recently found your awesome trip report which has been very helpful. Think we may split the trip up now to get some of that windsurfing in. Thanks again!