Search

Hiring a remise in BA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20th, 2006, 08:05 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hiring a remise in BA

We'll be in BA for 4 days and given all the negative things we have read about taxis there I'm wondering about hiring a remise which I undertand is a car and driver. There are four of us so we would need a bit larger vehicle. Could we hire one by the hour to take us somewhere and wait for us ? How does this work and what should it cost ? Thanks.
Old Nov 20th, 2006, 09:52 AM

First of all taxis are not that bad, actually if you call a radio taxi, they are excellent. And dirty cheap too.
A good company for instance is Pidalo, 4956 1200 all cars have air conditioner and are very reliable.
Remises are also very good, if you need a large car you should ask for one upon calling.Remises are also very good and of course you can arrange with them by the trip or I am almost sure by the hour.
At the end of the day they charge like a taxi more or less. That is dirty cheap too.
The last remise I used was to go from my hotel in calle Juncal( downtown )to Ezeiza. They charged 55 pesos or 18 dollars. This includes everything. The driver was very polite and helpful. We tipped him because he was extremely helpful with the luggage but as a rule they do not expect tips.
The company 's name is Remises Travel Grey
4393-1264 and 4322 6387. From the US
011-54114322 6387. There are many other taxi and remises companies this particular remise was recommended to us by our hotel. We were very happy with it.
Old Nov 20th, 2006, 10:01 AM

The taxis are fine.
M
Old Nov 20th, 2006, 11:37 AM

I agree with Mikemo. My understanding of the problem, which may not be accurate, is that if you try to pay with large bills, you may get caught in a scam. We hailed radio taxis from the street and were fine. We were also four people and fit in one taxi, except when traveling to and from the airports with our luggage, in which case we needed two.

but, if you feel more comfortable, you can call the radio taxis, but you may not always get it that minute. The remises, I think, are more of a car service, and are more expensive.

Your hotel should have info on a taxi company. If you're landing in Ezeiza airport, then just get a car from Manual Tienda Leon when you clear customs. You do not need to reserve in advance and can pay with a credit card.

When we landed in Jorge Newberry (a domestic flight), Tienda Leon was short of cars, so we waited on the line outside (despite warnings against this) and were just fine.

maybe we were lucky, but we had no problems, but always had small bills, and my husband also speaks pretty fluent Spanish.
Old Nov 20th, 2006, 12:00 PM

Remises are not more expensive than taxis.
However usually you do not call a remise for a short drive.
Taxis are as bad as in any big city, more or less, years ago, staying at the Sheraton in New York, I got a taxi from their line, the doorman called it for me. The moment I got in I knew he was there to cheat me
it was not difficult his meter worked at high speed, so I got out of the taxi.What I mean all big cities have rotten apples if you stick to the radio taxis they are just fine.