Search

Adult Christmas in Cancun

Search this Thread

Old May 17th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Adult Christmas in Cancun

I'm planning a family Christmas vacation, 4 adults, 2-1-1 for rooms, and looking for excellent food and beach for swimming, kayaking, and snorkeling. It's late for Christmas week, I know, but I am overwhelmed by resort choices. Some that sound so good have unflattering reviews. We need 2 rooms for a week, 1 adult each, and then another double room for just a few days. Are there any good all-inclusives that live up to their hype? I appreciate honest reviews!
Old May 17th, 2012, 03:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You don't give any budget so it's difficult to give recommendation.
If you want adults only AI....Not right in Cancun, but further south...look into Secrets Maroma. Great beach, calm water.
Christmas is really the most expensive time to go.Also, at that time of year a lot of resorts have minimum stays...ie: you have to stay a week. You had stated a couple of you may only be there a few days.
Old May 18th, 2012, 03:23 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, schmerl - I'd looked at the 2 other Secrets resorts, but for some reason, hadn't considered this. The "adults only" sure has appeal at Christmas. We don't play golf; aren't honeymooners, but maybe this is worth the money for better food? Usually I'm more frugal, and we don't book an AI, but this holiday is special. We also came up with Valentin, El Cid, and Grand Ocean Maya. Can you or anyone compare those for us?
Old May 18th, 2012, 05:51 AM

Valentin gets mixed reviews, but some people really love it there. The beach can't compare to Maroma beach, but then, few can!!!
Also...I doubt you will find any AI resort that has "excellent food". Have you considered renting a condo or staying at a boutique hotel right in Playa del Carmen? There are so many restaurants right there in town.
Old May 18th, 2012, 11:03 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I agree, if 'better food' is what you're after, I'd consider going not AI.
Old May 19th, 2012, 09:08 PM
Original Poster

Suze and Schmerl and anyone else: Thanks for the tip. I've found a few boutique hotels online, and am hoping for some ratings - and perhaps hints as to best location. Can anyone help?
Old May 20th, 2012, 05:41 AM

El Taj condos in Playa del Carmen are fantastic.
Playa Maya hotel, is great too and there are many others. Here is a link to a site that will give you an interactive map of resorts, restaurants, etc. in Playa del Carmen.
http://intheroo.com/map
I still think your best bet may be a condo especially with the short stay of one couple.
Old May 25th, 2012, 10:16 AM

I loved staying at Crown Club Paradise. Best spot in Cancun, it was always clean, every food we had at every restaurant (which was a part of the all-inclusive) was amazing, they had many pools and special ones set aside for the kids. Fun activities for free, right off of the beach.
Old May 28th, 2012, 07:27 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, all, for helping clarify what we want. We've decided on an all-adult AI, so we don't have to shop and cook. A pool will suffice so long as we can walk the beaches. We've narrowed it to Secrets Silversands or Capri, and Valentin. It will depend on price and availability. Any other suggestions or general travel hints are welcome!