Reload this Page >

Help, Place for week in February-snorkeling and fishing

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4th, 2002, 04:27 PM
NLou

Hi all, please help me out. <BR><BR>My husband and I are looking for a new spot to go for a week or so in February. Here are are loves:<BR><BR>We love to go fishing (saltwater spinning tackle). Have tried fly fishing, liked it, but don't own the tackle. We love to snorkel. Love to visit different local restuarants (local dives are fine). Prefer to stay in a cottage where we have more privacy and can fix our own breakfast and lunch. Willing to explore and go off the beaten track. Hate cruise boats showing up in port. Dispise Hard Rock Cafe.<BR><BR>Okay, give me your recommendations of where to go in February where the water is warm and the style kicked back.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR><BR>Nlou.

Old Jan 5th, 2002, 06:29 AM
Janice

You may want to post this on the Caribean posting, I am not sure Latin American spots have exactly what you are looking for.

Old Jan 5th, 2002, 06:35 AM
No name

You may want to check into Punta Allen part of the Riviera Maya. Punta Allen is located approximatley 100 miles south of Cancun. Punta Allen is a very tranquil village with not many tourist. Check information on the Let It Be Inn.

Old Jan 5th, 2002, 07:15 AM
Janice

You may want to post this on the Caribean posting, I am not sure Latin American spots have exactly what you are looking for.

Old Jan 5th, 2002, 07:17 AM
janice

Sorry posted the same message twice.

Old Jan 5th, 2002, 06:25 PM
Carl Z

Try Zihuatanejo.<BR>Casting live bait or poppers to cruising Sailfish from a Panga is a blast and there are all kinds of fish at that time.<BR>I've snorkelled there as well-it's not the South Pacific but there's lots to see.<BR>http://www.zihuatanejo.net/<BR>is the best Zihua site on the net.

Old Jan 6th, 2002, 03:57 AM
rodraad

Try Belize?

Old Jan 6th, 2002, 05:03 AM
nlou

Belize sounds interesting from what I have seen. Any personal recommendations on Belize?<BR><BR>Thanks

Old Jan 6th, 2002, 07:23 AM
Katie Valk

Belize has the world's second largest barrier reef and great snook, tarpon, bone, permit, etc fishing. Friendly, english speaking, ruins, caving, diving, sailing, kayaking, hiking and more.<BR><BR>Katie Valk<BR>Belize

Old Jan 6th, 2002, 08:22 AM
mexicodan

Bay of Tenacatita: www.lamanzanillamexico.info<BR><BR>adios!<BR>mexic odan<BR>www.choice1.com/villamontana.htm

Old Jan 8th, 2002, 06:04 AM
Kate

Belize sounds like the place for you. My husband and I have the same interests - fishing, snorkeling, exploring. Belize is laid-back and friendly with great reef fishing and snorkeling, and mayan ruins to explore too! No crisue ships except occasionally in Belize City, where you wouldn't stay anyway. We went three years ago and have been back 4 times, and are headed back in two weeks.

Old Jan 9th, 2002, 09:33 AM
Carol

My husband and I also want to go to Belize for the reasons you stated. Can you advise on best places to stay. We want to fish but I'm not sure enough to stay in fishing lodge geared strickly toward fishing. We are going March or April. Where have you stayed and what's the best. Also advise on fishing guides would be helpful. <BR><BR>Thanks<BR>Carol

Old Jan 9th, 2002, 03:08 PM
nlou

Thanks for the input. My husband went to Belize a couple years ago, but was on a mother ship for the week. Any recommendations on places to stay will be very much appreciated. Thanks!<BR><BR>nlou

Old Jan 9th, 2002, 03:10 PM
nlou

Just reread my reply and had to laugh, sounds like an alien experience. My husband was on fishing week, staying on a "mother ship" and going out in small boats with the guide during the day. We are interested in being able have more land mobility than that. Thanks again,<BR><BR>Nlou

Old Jan 10th, 2002, 06:02 AM
Katie Valk

Narrow your search down to hotels on San Pedro, Ambergris Caye and in Placncia. Both areas have lovely hotels and great fishing and guides. On San Pedro you could get a condo on the beach with kitchen and cook your own catch. Placncia is a bit moer laid back, with smaller more intimaet beachfront inns. San Pedro is moer active with a larger selection of hotels, restaurants/bars and people. <BR><BR>Katie Valk<BR>Belize