Help on this itinerary in Peru

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17th, 2007, 07:18 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are thinking of going from Lima to see the Naca area... what is the best way to get there and see it? Then we wanted to go from Nasca up to M.P area...Cusczo & Aguas Calientes. Can one fly to Cusco from Nasca? If we stay in Aguas C. can we make a day trip to Ollantaytambo? or do we need to stay in that area for the night? Assuming one day to see M.P, and an evening in Aguas..what should we plan to be able to do on the second day?
Old Dec 26th, 2007, 07:17 AM

Altho' I am not being entirely responsive to your question, we stayed in Ollantaytambo, staying at El Albergue, rather than Aguas Calientes and went to Machu Pichu for the day. The issue here is that there is no road between the two places. I would recommend spending the night in Ollantaytambo, which has interesting ruins and a fascinating town, the only existing example of Inca domestic architecture. You can spend a night in Aguas Calientes and the next day and night in O. Or you can investigate the train schedules for other options not involving 2 nights in the area. You can also take a bus (or a taxi) from O back to Cuzco. The taxi was about $35 as I remember. O
Old Dec 27th, 2007, 05:19 AM

I was in Peru the last two weeks of November. I did a day trip to see the Nazca lines. I flew from Lima to Ica, then got on a small plane to fly over the Nazca lines. Our day trip included a brief tour of Ica and lunch at a fabulous resort in Ica. It was run by Aero Condor, which apparently has a lock on these day trips from Lima. A good trip - just make sure you don't eat much before the flight over the Nazca lines!!
Martha
Old Dec 27th, 2007, 10:36 AM
Original Poster

Thanks.......this means its possible to do the "lines" in a day trip from Lima. That's what I wanted to know. Did you arrange this once you were in Lima? or before?
Old Dec 28th, 2007, 05:47 AM

I went on an OAT trip, so they arranged the trip in advance - in fact they said they had to schedule it either 60 or 90 days in advance, so you might want to check on it early.
Martha