Help, alternative to Victoria House in Belize

Old Dec 3rd, 2001, 11:05 AM
Peggy

Help, alternative to Victoria House in Belize

Hi, VH may not have a cabana available for the 4 nights we want. Does anyone have an opinion on their plantation rooms (we like privacy). Or is there another resort that would fill the bill? We are looking for a place on the beach, low-key not a party center, separate cottages or equally private accommodations. Any ideas?

Old Dec 4th, 2001, 05:03 AM
Katie Valk

The Plantation rooms are nice, but in a unit and are not separate. Take a look at Mata Chica, 6 miles north of San Pedro town. Smaller, ambiance and individual cabanas on the beach with ac.

Katie Valk
Belize

Old Dec 4th, 2001, 10:46 AM
Peggy

Thanks Katie,
Is Mata Chica considered "low-key" even after it's "Temptation Island" fame? We are in our late 40's so didn't want to feel out of place. If it was Plantation room at VH or oceanview at Mata Chica which would you choose?

Old Dec 4th, 2001, 02:00 PM
Katie Valk

If I wanted to be close to town, at a great beachfront inn with all services and in an american style hotel room in a larger unit, I'd opt for VH.

But you wanted individual cottages and it seemed like VH was even big for you, so if you want a beach cottage away from it all, with no more than 24 os so other guests, much further from town, then it's MC, with many services.

Don't think Temp Island attracted as many guests as you would think, so don't worry about being in a like minded crowd such as they were. Think it's over and done with-hopefully, it was a very bad show and I cringed when I tried to watch it.

Katie

Old Dec 4th, 2001, 05:27 PM
Peggy

Katie,
I really appreciate your input! Thank you. Now we just have to decide!