Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

Has anyone stored luggage at a hotel in Costa Rica?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29th, 2007, 04:43 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We'll be staying at the San Jose Marriott our last night in Costa Rica, so I was thinking that before we go to Bosque del Cabo, we could drop off a suitcase so we wouldn't have to worry so much about packing light for the whole 10 day trip. This way for the 25 lb weight limit in the Sansa flight we shouldn't have a problem. I've checked with the Marriott and they said we would be able to store our luggage there with no problems. I assume that the woman I spoke with on the phone who said it was ok was correct in that it wouldn't be a problem. I explained to her that we would drop it off 4 days prior to our actual check in day and she said it would be ok. I'd call again before we left to double check.

Do you think this is something that is safe to do? I'm just stressing a bit about the 25 lb thing! But I keep reading about how it can be done! I just can't quite believe it myself Between cameras, binocolulars, clothes, books, etc....This just "seems" easier!

Any thoughts?

Thanks! Less than one month to go!!!

Old Mar 29th, 2007, 04:48 AM

Yes, we stayed at Orquideas the first and final 2 nights of our last trip to CR. We traveled to CR, with one rolling bag, which we left at Orchideas with our travel clothing and enough for our final two days. No problems at all. Leaving a bag at your hotel, is very common in CR.
Old Mar 29th, 2007, 04:52 AM

If logistically you can work out stopping by Marriott first and you don't want to limit your entire trip to 25lb per person, then go for it. Realize that your luggage is probably going to be stored in an office or general closet along with other people's luggage.

Obviously, you are going to want to keep all valuables with you - just leave your dirty laundry and other items at the hotel. You should be fine.

Hotels in the San Jose area are used to this request as many people jump around and don't want to take everything with them.

We did this our first time we went to CR because we rafted the Pacuare for 3 days/2nights. No problems!

Though I want encourage you to keep trying and get to the 25lb part - certainly makes lugging your bags easier
Old Mar 29th, 2007, 05:18 AM

We left clean traveling clothes and also dirty laundry at Orquideas as well. They kept it for over a week w\no problem (small room behind registration)That allowed us to keep our BdC packs under 25#. I had camera, charger, flashlights, binocs, the CR bird book,a couple of paperbacks, travel diary, extra batteries and clothes of course..... had a few pounds to spare.
Old Mar 29th, 2007, 05:23 AM

I have left clothes as well as the contents of a huge shopping trip in Sarchi at Orquideas with no problem. I have left other luggage at different hotels as well and they don't mind it. Some places do have a store room for that. Just take a small pack with you to divide what you will take on the plane to the Osa.