Search

Golf at Playacar worth it?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 11:33 AM
Christi

Golf at Playacar worth it?

Our family will vacation at the Iberostar Quetzel mid June of this year. The nearest golf course is at the Playacar. Does anyone have information on the course itself, green fees, etc. I have heard it is approx. 120 USD and my husband would like to know if it is worth hauling his clubs in from Houston. Also, will my twin 11 year old boys have lots to do at the Iberostar? Would appreciate any info. Thanks, Christi

Old Apr 11th, 2002, 07:45 AM
eileen

Just got back and my husband played 5 times at Playacar. If you played in the morning it was $130 and after paying that the first day, he said the course was not worth that price so he played at 2 p.m. for the twilight rate of $80. All beverages and sandwiches etc. are included in the price.

Old Apr 13th, 2002, 12:49 PM
Christi

Thank you for the response. Do you have any handy tips for our trip? I presume your husband brought his clubs? Where did you stay? So many questions, so little time.<BR>Thanks again,<BR>Christi

Old Apr 15th, 2002, 05:20 AM
eileen

We stayed at Royal Hideaway so I can't comment on Iberostar but I am sure your son will have plenty to do. Yes, my husband brings his clubs everywhere because he is left-handed and can't be guaranteed the club will have clubs for him. He stored his golf clubs at the golf course so he didn't have to keep bringing them back and forth. And I quoted you a wrong price in the first message, the twilight rate is $90.

Old Apr 15th, 2002, 08:38 PM
ss

was it hard to get T times? do you have to go the the course to book or can you book at your hotel (viva azteca). Do palace resorts guests get the best T times? What time does it get dark in january - i don't play golf and have no idea how long it takes to play 18 holes but am travelling with some golfers who will want to play. considering it gets dark early, can you finish the round if you start at 2 pm? Thanks.

Old Apr 16th, 2002, 12:57 PM
eileen

We were there the week of the time change. Before the clocks were put ahead, it was getting dark at about 6:20. The golf took about 4 hours so he just made it, it was better when we put the clocks ahead and it stayed light until 7:20 p.m. He did not have any problem getting tee times and a few times he just showed up, but if you have a foursome you probably should definitely make a tee time.