Search

going cheap in PV

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14th, 2000, 11:23 PM
pescado

going cheap in PV

I have checked out a few of the hotels that jesse, and maria sent me..if your out there or anyone willing to help I need a few more suggestions, are there any hostiles in PV? Are they clean and safe? This is very importand to me because I'm travelling alone and being female I NEED to be safe..

Old Jun 16th, 2000, 12:02 PM
Josh Coles

I'm going next week and I'm staying at Los Arcos Hotel for $30 US a night. This is a good price considering it's a 2 1/2 to 3 star. It has 24/7 security. <BR>It's sister hotel, Playa Los Arcos, is one block away is right on the beach. We get access to everything that Playa patrons get at nearly 1/2 the price. <BR> <BR>Go to: www.playalosarcos.com. <BR> <BR>Good luck, <BR>Josh Coles, <BR>Vancouver, BC <BR>

Old Jun 18th, 2000, 04:45 AM
Chino

According to the Lonely Planet, there is a hostel in PV but no cheaper than some of the budget hotels. Iv'e stayed at both the Yasmín and the Eloisa and they're both great for 150-200 pesos during high season. I liked the outside rooms at the Eloisa better than the Yasmín(overlooking the park, bigger , lots of natural light, quieter), both felt very safe and are located right where you want to be. <BR>Buen Viaje

Old Jul 2nd, 2000, 10:28 AM
dan

Get a copy of B. Whipperman's Pacific Mexico Handbook. I'm at www.choice1.com/villamontana.htm <BR> <BR>adios! <BR> <BR>mexicodan

Old Jul 2nd, 2000, 02:44 PM
Dennis

<BR>The hostel in Centro is as expensive as some of the hotels and your hours are restricted. Stay at the Posada Del Roger which is two blocks from the beach and has a pool, dining room, and bar. You don't need to be concered about hostiles as you call them. I just returned from PV two days ago and spent five weeks there. Rooms at the Posada del Roger start at $20 per night with A/C and cable TV. Good luck.