Search

Galapagos with Inca Floats?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18th, 2005, 06:09 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Galapagos with Inca Floats?

Hi all:
If anyone has had experience with an Inca Float tour in the Galapagos I would love to hear about it. Many thanks. Anna
Old Apr 19th, 2005, 02:42 PM

Rather than comment on Inca Floats let me suggest that you take a 4 day maximum trip to the islands. More than that is a waste of money and time. In 6-7 days you will see more of the same as 3-4 days. I went for 7 days. Friends have gone for 3-10 days and my recommendation is based on a consensus of 5-6 travelers.
Old Apr 19th, 2005, 07:15 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your input. Don't you think, though, that the quality of the boat/tour/guide has something to do with how happy people are to stay n board? And if the wildlife is as good as it is supposed to be, more of the same will be just fine!
Old Apr 20th, 2005, 05:25 PM

Inca Floats is a reputable company and I have seen their groups while in the Galapagos. I never traveled with them. When I compared itineraries before my first trip in 1999, I found Inca Floats spent a few days overnighting on an island or two, and that was not what I preferred. But, if they still do that, it might more be to your liking. They were unique in staying on land.

I chose Galapagos Travel in Aptos, CA because they offered slightly longer trips--11-14 days in the islands--and I agree that "more of the same is just fine." They cater to those who are very enthusiastic about the Galapagos and want to see more islands, more animals, and do more snorkeling.

Their boats take 16 max and there is a Galapagos licensed guide, plus a host (who sometimes is also a licensed guide).

For someone who just wants to see some of the unique wildlife, 5-6 days is probably enough, as StanKase stated. But if you are a real nature fan, the 11-day trip is ideal and you will be with likeminded people, but who are regular folks and not all biology PhDs or Olympic swimmers.

I've gone twice with Galapagos Travel and am figuring out when I can go back again.

Barry Boyce, the owner of Galapagos Travel, has a great book called A Traveler's Guide to the Galapagos Islands. It is helpful no matter who you book with.

Have a great trip.

Old Apr 20th, 2005, 06:44 PM
Original Poster

Thanks. I had checked into Galapagos Travel already, but they don't have any departures that fit our spring break schedule next year. Glad to hear of your experience though. I am so excited about going - and my nature and wildlife obsessed kids are over the moon about it.