Search

First Time to Cabo

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28th, 2003, 06:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First Time to Cabo

Hi,

We are taking our first trip to Cabo in November was wondering what the best hotel is? what activities? night life etc and is it safe/ and info would be appreciated thanks so much...you can also email us

denise
Old Sep 28th, 2003, 09:37 PM

I remember when that poor Fireman went down there a couple of years back and was attacked and stabbed by a timeshare.

It made the news, it made the message boards.

That is right. The guy and his wife were enjoying sa little quiet time on the beach when they were approached by a timeshare. {they got em working all the bars and restaurants} They told the timeshare guy to beat it. The timeshare guy beat it , then returned later drunk, angry with a friend and ended up fighting with this couple. Well one thing led to another and when the timeshare womped the wife on the head with a rock the fireman took off after him and ended up getting stabbed.

He and the wife had to be air evacuated out to get proper medical treatment back in the States.

Moral of the story, stay away from the timeshare, and make sure you carry extra medical insurance that covers air evacution if needed.

Now Sex and Cabo, that goes without saying. The nightlife is full of sex, hookers on the street, the local bars, TV's everywhere and lots of whore houses and strip bars.

It is like vacationing in Sin City.

Bueno Suerte and have fun.
Old Sep 29th, 2003, 05:33 PM
Original Poster

is it that bad?
Old Sep 29th, 2003, 07:48 PM

No, sexycouple,it's not. Don't listen to CaptMike. He posts this message every time someone inquires about Los Cabos. I was there for the first time last month for 10 days and had the time of my life. It's not sin city. There are timeshare salespeople and street vendors as there are in Cancun, but not as many as I expected. Can't really recommend a hotel because I stayed with a friend, however, we went to Hotel Finisterra one day to use their facilities. We didn't see the rooms, but the lobby, grounds, pools, palapa restaurant/bar are beautiful. I didn't see any "whorehouses", or prostitutes. I walked the streets daily, visiting the markets, shops, laundry,etc., generally exploring Cabo San Lucas while my friend was at work. The locals are wonderful, friendly people. The only thing that surprised me was that many of the beaches are unswimmable due to deep drop-offs close to shore and strong undertows, but there are a few public beaches that are swimmable. I plan on returning again next month and am sure I will enjoy it once again. Just use common sense as you do in the U.S. There's crime no matter where you go in the world, but honestly, I felt safer there than I do here.
Old Sep 30th, 2003, 09:59 AM
Original Poster

thanks for the advice Helena, How is the nightlife? We dont like it completly dead but not to crazy like Cancun
Old Sep 30th, 2003, 04:33 PM

I thought it was somewhat quiet compared to Cancun, but then again, we weren't out after midnight much. Cabo Wabo was a little crazy as was Squid Roe. Didn't go to Hard Rock, been there done that too many times, too many places. Ate at a few places the locals frequent, and had drinks at quiet places so we could talk and enjoy each other's company. Really not into the crazy night life anymore, neither in Cancun (although I've done my share there many a time) nor Cabo. Hope this helps.
Old Sep 30th, 2003, 04:43 PM

And sitting outside a restaurant or bar overlooking the marina sipping margaritas and tequila, I thought, was very romantic. Visit the 2nd and 3rd levels of the Paraiso Mall. It's really beautiful at night with the ponds, waterfalls,lighting, etc. Just hope the all the damage from Hurricane Marty is repaired by the time you (and I) get there, but I hear it is progressing. I e-mail with my friend a few times a week and he keeps me posted, so if you want updates, let me know. [email protected]
Old Oct 1st, 2003, 08:45 AM
scs

Hi Denise,
I agree with Helena. We had a great time in Cabo. There were some timeshare people, but we just said "no thanks" and kept on walking. We were never harrassed. I also did not see any whorehouses or prostitutes on the street. We stayed at a private home, but went through the hotel, The Hacienda, to book a sunset cruise. We know many people who have stayed there and enjoyed it very much. It is right on a swimable beach and in town so that you can walk to everything. The Office is a restaurant right on the beach that serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It is very casual (feet in the sand) and the food is great. Lots of locals selling their wares on the beach, though, so sit at a table that is not along the perimeter of the property if you are not planning to buy. Edith's is another great restaurant for dinner, but more expensive. Enjoy your trip!
Old Oct 1st, 2003, 07:34 PM
Original Poster

how is the fiesta americana or pueblon bonita rose
Old Oct 2nd, 2003, 06:52 AM

Pueblo Bonita is on Medano beach, close to everthing, it's beautiful and has great grounds and pools. Fiesta Americana is out side of Cabo and would require a taxi ride. Which are very expensive!
Old Oct 2nd, 2003, 03:52 PM

That's true. Forgot about the taxi fares. Was $75 one way from the airport in San Jose Del Cabo to friend's apartment in Cabo San Lucas.
Old Oct 2nd, 2003, 06:38 PM
Original Poster

anyone going to be in Cabo at end of the month?
Old Oct 3rd, 2003, 07:35 PM

My wife and I just got back Thursday, Oct 3rd. We stayed at the Fiesta Americana. Very nice. Staff was excellent, responsive and (most) spoke fluent English. However, the hotel was still recovering from the hurricane, and had just restored power but not to all sections. We were with a group, and several folks had to change rooms because the A/C was not working. The food was very good, but a bit pricey.
Don't know about other hotels there, but I heard the Regina is super nice. Forget about the beach (for swimming) at the Fiesta..too rock. Beautiful view, and huge uncrowded pools.
Would I go back? In a New York Minute. Our group was booked into the the Fiesta, and we recieved free shuttle service to town. (1 day). Otherwise, taxi services were about $25 one way for 1-4 people. (avg).
Recommend, stay closer to town.
Old Oct 4th, 2003, 12:08 AM
Original Poster

were there alot of young people at fiesta/ is there like a little club/bar on premisis/ you can email me if you like thanks all
Old Oct 7th, 2003, 07:40 AM

I just want to reiterate that Captain Mike's comments are inane and, generally speaking, a sorry attempt at making anyone with plans to go to Cabo have second thoughts. He did it to us (we'll be going in November)from my first post, but his were the only wholly negative comments that I have received. sexy couple, I have seen tons of stuff on PB Rose, and almost all is good. We are also stay at a PB property. I also have been told by several people to try the Office at Medano beach for sunset. Have fun. Also has anyone been to Sunset Beach recently. I'd love to hear any updates.
Old Oct 7th, 2003, 12:51 PM

I have been to Cabo 2 times so far and I am going down there October 20th, can't wait! My mom has a time share at the Pueblo Bonito Rose and we love it there! The only thing we wish was a little different about out place is that the pool could be a little bit more lively. There is no music or activities around the pool. They have water volleyball but that's about it. We have found that the hotel next to Pueblo Bonito Blanco, the Hotel Melia San Lucas has a great pool area! They have a swim up bar there and live bands and activities. You definitely have to clock in at "The Office" on Medano Beach. You can go right from your table in the sand down to the ocean and just float with you drink in hand. We also found a little bar next the Squid Roe, I believe it's called The Annex or The Alley, but it's a little alcove type of bar out in the middle of a shopping area. And our favorite bar of all time, is the Cool Hippo in the courtyards of Cabo Wabo! Enjoy! I know we will!
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 08:01 AM

We were in Cabo last Oct. after hurricane Kenna hit Puerto Vallarta. We were scheduled for PV the day after the hurricane and in a short time, changed our two week plans to Cabo. There's an old saying "the Americans discovered Cabo before the Mexicans" and that is very true. It's pricey and certainly not the true Mexico. We did have a good time but were disappointed in the surroundings. One thing you can do is rent one of their open-air VW bugs to get around, especially if you stay in Los Cabos and want to travel to Cabo San Lucas. This is much cheaper than taxis. There are several "great" places to eat in the marina and we spent a good deal of our two weeks there because we were deep sea fishing. If you haven't made definate plans, you may want to consider Puerto Vallarta. It's more tropical, the beaches are better, and it's alot less expensive.
Old Oct 9th, 2003, 04:07 PM

Sexycouple and Willb, when in November are you going? We'll be there mid-November for a week. It'll be my first time, but my girlfriend's a Cabo veteran. She loves it, and has nothing but good things to say. I can't comment much, not having been there, but I hear great things about Finistera (hotel) and The Office (bar literally right on the beach), both of which are mentioned above.
Old Oct 9th, 2003, 06:06 PM
Original Poster

RAYMOND WHATS YOUR EMAIL ADDY?
Old Oct 10th, 2003, 08:00 AM

Raymond:
We will be there 11/17 to 11/24

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -