Economy Rent A Car

Old Jul 6th, 2003, 04:41 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Economy Rent A Car

Has anyone rented a car from "Economy Rent A Car" in Costa Rica? How big are they. I'm just wondering if I should stick to one of the big names I know (Hertz, Budget etc.). Although the prices are attractive, I'm skeptical since I haven't heard of them before. This company seems to be the only one I can find that will commit to an automatic (rather than manual shift). Why is that?
Old Jul 6th, 2003, 05:35 PM
Original Poster

Ok, I just read the msg re Economy Rent A Car that made my decision. I will go w/ my regular "Budget" car agency.
Old Jul 7th, 2003, 04:55 AM
Iza

We haven't used Economy but are renting this year from Dollar. We used them in the past and had very good service from them. As to the automatic transmission question, most cars in CR are manual and most rental agencies have mostly manual transmission fleets. With Dollar we are able to reserve and get automatic but we have to go with a full size 4x4 to get that.
Old Jul 11th, 2003, 02:36 PM
YQT

I don't know about Economy Rent A Car but here's a suggestion . . . visit the Hotel Don Carlos website at www.doncarloshotel.com. Check the TOURS section. Here you'll find
complete information on car Rentals ( Models, rates, etc ). Hotel Don Carlos works in conjunction with a rental car company called Tricolor. I highly recommend them. My husband and I just got back from Costa Rica last week and we paid $292 for our rental! That includes all taxes, fees, insurance, etc. for a 2003 Daihatsu Terios 4x4 (similar to a Rav-4) for seven days! The person from Tricolor (the San Jose office) was very helpful with directions, maps, gas prices, etc. Tricolor has several locations throughout Costa Rica and I doubt that you have to be a guest at Hotel Don Carlos to make a reservation via their website. If that's the case just contact Tricolor directly. I'll track down my receipt and get you their phone number if you can't find them on the web. Good luck!

Old Jul 11th, 2003, 10:19 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the advise everyone!