Search

Easter week in Panama

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25th, 2012, 07:27 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Easter week in Panama

We are beginning plans for a 7 to 10 day trip to Panama over Easter Week at the end of March. I am sure this is a peak season week. What effect will it have on our vacation? Will places in the city be closed, beaches packed? Is there any strategy to avoiding crowds at this time? Thanks.
Old Sep 10th, 2012, 01:43 PM

Yes, expect things to be closed. Good Friday and Easter Sunday (March 31st, 2013) will have almost nothing open. So I'm not sure what you are planning for Easter Week, but you can work around it. Remember, Panama has only two weather seasons; dry summer and wet summer. We are in wet summer right now. You will be hitting the end of dry summer when you come.

What part of Panama are you exploring? Some of the best beach's are located in Bocas del Toro (on the Caribbean), about a 3 hour drive from David, Panama. Not sure if you are renting a car or not (and it's not easy driving here - there are no street signs or addresses on anything). But this is a beautiful country. We love living here now (Boquete). We also live in the coffee and chocolate plantation area of Panama - must sees if you are coming here (if you like coffee and chocolate that is).
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 07:45 PM
Original Poster

We are planning on spending the first part of the week on San Blas (Yandup Island Lodge) and then renting a condo in Panama City for the last 4 days, including Easter weekend. In PC we are hoping on doing a city tour including Miraflores, a day trip to Soberania, causeway, Metropolitan Park and perhaps Lake Gatun. Would any of this be affected by Easter week. I was wondering about crowds at Miraflores. Is there a good time to go to see the ships?
Thanks for the info.
Old Sep 30th, 2012, 04:07 PM

Yes holidays like Good Friday, etc. you will find that most business are closed & many of the people who live in Panama City go to the interior. For beaches I suggest the 40 kilo stretch of beach west of Panama City one to two hour drive depending on which beach, Chame, Gorgona, Coronado, San Carlos, Santa Clara + a few more. Also the Azuero Peninsular, Pedasi & Playa Veneo are popular beach areas, Veneo being host to international surfing events the last 3 or 4 years. I don't recommend Bocas del Toro for a first visit, especially if your time is limited. For more info you can check my website & blog, I am also glad to help with any questions you may have.

Louis Seldon
Keller, TX
[email protected]
Cell # 954-610-5121
Panama Cell # (011-507) 6649-9815
Blog: http://panamalou.blogspot.com/
Old Sep 30th, 2012, 04:12 PM

CORRECTION: Playa Venao See: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Azuer...nsula&t=m&z=12