Driving times in Mexico

Old Dec 30th, 2003, 02:09 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Driving times in Mexico

Hi: I'm trying to figure out how many days to budget for driving from place to place in Mexico. Can anyone tell me how many days I should alot for: 1. driving from Acapulco to Palenque, and 2. from Palenque to the Cozumel ferry? We don't want to be doing a marathon drive each day--we'd like a fairly relaxed pace, with some time allowed for stopping off here and there along the way. Any help would be much appreciated!
Old Dec 31st, 2003, 10:42 AM

Try www.trace-sc.com/distance.htm
Old Dec 31st, 2003, 11:11 AM
Original Poster

p.s. just to clarify--i know how many miles it is between these places and how long it "should" take to drive from place to place...but i know sometimes it takes longer than one thinks! so if anyone had any info in that way, that would be great. thanks everyone!
Old Jan 1st, 2004, 01:23 PM

Hi. Just recently I just searched on driving in Mexico. Quite a few sites came up that might help you like the Mexico mapquest. I have'nt tried it yet because we have'nt decided on hotels yet but i plan to. I have been reading that it is strongly suggested to get Mexican auto insurance. Are you planning to get it? If so, do you how to go about it? Any help would be appreciated.
Old Jan 2nd, 2004, 08:54 AM

Re: insurance, you must have Mexican insurance. Your U.S. insurance is not recognized in Mexico. In the U.S. you can get the insurance and paperwork needed to bring your car into Mexico at a AAA office. Or, on the U.S. side of the border you can buy your insurance at any number of places, i.e. Sanborn's. Once in Mexico you pay a fee, get your paperwork processed and get a holgraphic sticker for your winshield that is valid for six months in Mexico.
Old Jan 2nd, 2004, 12:59 PM

hey dude! thanks for the info. we will be renting a car, arranging for the rental from the u.s.. does this insurance apply for rentals as well? we'll only need insurance for a week. thanks for any advise you might have.